GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked through and searched the treads plus read the manual and cannot find a solution. We have the NAV system with rear DVD. We have figured out everything except: Is it possible to listen to 2 different FM stations at the same time? We would like to listen to classic rock on FM through the front speakers and the kids want to listen to a pop station through the wireless headphones. Right now they are receiving the same music through the headphones that we are hearing through the front speakers. When they change the station on the back control, it also changes the station on the front main unit and changes our listening. So far we have not been able to find the right combination of buttons to get the desired results. Is this even possible? ???

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
No.

You can only use 1 source at a time...
If you are using FM up front then you can use, the same FM channel or XM or a CD or other input source in the back.
There is not a second FM tuner in the vehicle to allow a different radio station in the back.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My son always asks if I can listen to XM so he can listen to his favorite station. Silly if you ask me. They should have 2 tuners then.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Anyone know if it is possible to add this?

·
Registered
635 Posts
You would actualy have to add a second receiver that has a head phone option somewhere in the back. It can share the same antena but that's it. You would also have to run a power source to whever it is. What you have on the console are hard wired controls linking to the front units (AC and Audio).

On another note, if while listening to the stereo you double tap the power button quickly, a headset emblem will appear on your radio (non-NAV) and the rear speakers will turn off. Repeat to turn them back on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about a portable FM radio and hooking it into the Red & White jacks?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Swim Dad said:
How about a portable FM radio and hooking it into the Red & White jacks?
I don't have the nav system or the overhead DVD system, So I cant try that but seems like it would work.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Well when you plug anything into the inputs; it is treated as a AUX input. I have plugged in an IPod, but haven't tried to switch the center seat controls to a different input (XM,FM etc). You can always try and see what happens

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
khansen30 said:
On another note, if while listening to the stereo you double tap the power button quickly, a headset emblem will appear on your radio (non-NAV) and the rear speakers will turn off. Repeat to turn them back on.
THANK YOU!!!! I've been on this forum for soon to be 2 years and have owned the Acadia for almost 1 1/2 years and have been trying to figure this out since the first week I had the car. For 1 1/2 years I have been reaching back to the rear controls and hitting the power button to do this. :(

Thank you again!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have switched the rear seat control input to the FM selection and it changes the station in the front as well as the rear.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Swim Dad said:
We have switched the rear seat control input to the FM selection and it changes the station in the front as well as the rear.
Here is my experience with this; if the front and back are on the same selection, then either the front or back can change the channel. If one is on FM and the other XM, then the front can change to FM stations without affecting the back and vice versa. Now throw in an AUX input and I'm not sure what that does to the back. Does that make sense?; sometimes it sounds really good in my head, but some translation is lost when typing :)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
LOL, I didn't know this either! This needs to be in a FAQ somewhere... ;) Thanks khansen30!
GAR said:
khansen30 said:
THANK YOU!!!! I've been on this forum for soon to be 2 years and have owned the Acadia for almost 1 1/2 years and have been trying to figure this out since the first week I had the car. For 1 1/2 years I have been reaching back to the rear controls and hitting the power button to do this. :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is there a way to get the rear speakers to stay on if one person is using the headphones, listening to something else? I had a situation where my youngest wanted to listen to a certain FM station using his headphones but everyone else in the back wanted to listen to the XM station we were listening to up front. They told me they couldn't hear the XM station though because the rear speakers shut off when the headphones were turned on. Can this be changed in any way other than to crank up the volume up front?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I don't think so; once the system detects plugged in or wireless headphones; then the back speakers turn off

·
Super Moderator
21,788 Posts
Get your kids an mp3 player with FM tuner built in and find an earbud splitter.

Either that or just tell them to enjoy the music that's on or go to sleep.

Better yet, ..............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts