GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my acadia 2011. It started as a crank / no start condition. The battery is ok, we checked the fuel pump fuse which seems to be ok, we could not hear the sound of the fuel pump working and there was no rail pressure, so we dropped the fuel tank and checked the harness of the fuel pump which was ok, therefore we unplugged the harness and checked if by wiring the fuel pump to a battery it would work and it did. We plugged everything again and the truck finally started although the gauge shows a lot pressure fluctuation at idle ranging between 30 psi to 68psi. I tried to take it to the dealer but the fuel pressure drops when I run it and the engine reduced power message is displayed.
Can you tell me what you think the problem might be?

Any help you can give me would be highly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
22,977 Posts
You say you checked the fuel pump fuse. Did you also check the fuel pump relay? It's in the bank of relays below the fuse.

FYI, your car has 2 fuel pumps - an electric one inside the fuel tank and a mechanical one (high pressure) bolted to the back of the engine.

Do you have a scanner available to you? The problem could have set a code that gives you the low power message, but doesn't turn on the check engine light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't find a relay and was told there was not a relay for that model year and I could not locate it in the manual either.Is the bank you are mentioning below the glove compartment?
I do have a scanner but did not show any code only a message of low pressure fuel pump and also something about an open relay, i think it was fuel pump open relay
I know about the other pump and that is why I am confused what pump it might be causing the problem.

·
Super Moderator
22,977 Posts
didimel said:
I didn't find a relay and was told there was not a relay for that model year and I could not locate it in the manual either.Is the bank you are mentioning below the glove compartment?
My bad!! Google took me to the wrong diagram. :facepalm: Didn't see anything in the glove box diagram.

·
Super Moderator
22,977 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,977 Posts
Look for a fuel pump flow control module and test its operation. I believe that module was added when GMC switched to the direct-injection system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the fuel pump relay in the module? How can I check if the module is the problem? :shrug:. Your help is really appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,977 Posts
Download this factory service manual. (copy and paste the entire link into your browser) It covers up to the 2010 models.Your answers should be in there. I don't think I can help you with this situation any more than I have right now.

https://mega.nz/#!zlFDEIJZ!lhEvdcmJL895CqO3HHkWfb1_8lGKFRajYnKT9Uac1i8

1 - 12 of 12 Posts