GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order on Sat. Aug. 30th, and I was told by my salesman today that my SLT-2 is due to arrive in 2 days! That's about 25 days from order to delivery to the Pacific Ocean (So. Calif.). I would have bet good money that I wouldn't see my Acadia for 7-8 weeks! Have others on the west coast had a factory order move this quickly??

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Smooth - That is fast!! I ordered our 2008 the last week of June 2007 and got it in Sept. I thought that was OK, but less than a month is fantastic. Post some pics when you get it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
That is pretty quick. When I was at the dealer yesterday I was going over the documents and when I went in to place the order it was Aug 16th they didn't place the order into the system with GM till the 19th. They waitied till we had our GMAC financing finalized to order the truck. So it went into the system on teh 19th and was delivered last Friday so that was a decent time IMHO so 25 days to the West Coast is stellar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered mine on August 30th but the dealer, (Dave Smith Motors), still thinks it is going to get here the first week of October. Did you pick yours up yet? Were you able to get the Employee pricing even though it was an order? My sales person didn't know if it applied to orders.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A...toy,

No, I haven't picked it up. It is, however, sitting on the dealer's lot (actually in their service bay). I'm having them remove my tires and send the wheels out for chrome. The dealership is 65 miles north of home, so I'm not planning to go see it until I take delivery. I did get some pics sent to me, so that's almost as good! My father is a GM retiree, so I'll get the GMS pricing anytime I buy a GM car - promotions or not. It sounds like your vehicle must be close to having been built, so I'd check w/ the dealer and see if they can provide you a VIN number. If so, you should ask them to give you the GMS pricing. Good luck!

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
When they heard about your user name, did you expect any other kind of transaction? :p

Glad to hear it went quickly & they know where it is!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My sales person gave me the VIN this past thursday, so I've got that. I'll have to check back with her on Monday about the pricing. It must be killing you that your Acadia is so close, yet not in your garage yet! Just knowing that your's was ordered on the same day as me and it is at you dealer gives me some hope that mine will arrive this comming week. Make sure to post some pics with those chromed wheels!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's kind of funny - I'm actually pretty "calm" about knowing that my car is already here. Even though I haven't actually seen it, I've enjoyed looking at a couple of pics the saleswoman took for me & sent via email. But, I've known for months that the plan was to order, then have the wheels sent out for chrome - taking approx. 10 add'l. days. So I'm happily waiting - knowing that the last bit is in process. Plus, this gives me a bit more time to hog my garage with a bunch of tools / supplies / painting of baseboards & casings as I bring to conclusion a home remodel. I was thinking that the order would have taken more then 25 days, so now the heat is on a bit for me to push the home projects a bit more quickly.

I'm kind of savoring the anticipation, because very soon (10-12 days?) I'll actually have a new car after 21+ years! :blob:

Smooth <><[/color]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts