GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have been looking to get an Acadia to make more room for our two kids (currently in a Bonneville) and I have started to get pricing. We are set on an SLT-2 with the trailering package and 8 passenger seating a must. As you can guess finding the 8 passenger seating is difficult. I have a dealer offering me $200 over invoice price for any of the Acadias on the lot or if I want to order I will get the same deal. The invoice price he is giving me is the same as listed on Edmunds.com. This is before any rebates are taken off, but the only one right now is $750 and I have the $1000 limit on my GM card.
Let me know if you think I can do better than this. Also does anyone know if any other rebates out there? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
rctrex. Welcome to the forum.
We have an entire thread that has prices paid for the Acadias. You could probably do better. Push the dealer cause most are not moving inventory and should be able to go a little lower on one sitting in the lot.

Please update your profile with your geographical location, someone on here may see that and point you towards a dealer near you that can help get a deal.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We got our Acadia in Sept 07 when the economy still seemed OK. We paid invoice price minus the incentives. $200 over seemed high back then and certainly is high now. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wait awhile. Say 2 to 3 months if you can. GM may offer substantial rebates and other incentives to move their inventory. Car sales are way down and winter is coming. Also, GM is about to go under. If they don't offer lower prices, they aren't going to sell many cars. 4 to 8,000 dollars off MSRP good be on the way very soon. I would wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am considering ordering one since we cannot find just what we are looking for. If I order now the dealer said it would be 6-8 weeks until delivery due to the upcoming holidays. Maybe they will improve their rebates by then?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
rctrex said:
I am considering ordering one since we cannot find just what we are looking for. If I order now the dealer said it would be 6-8 weeks until delivery due to the upcoming holidays. Maybe they will improve their rebates by then?
If you are deadset on getting a particular one, then you will have to order. If you have the ability to visit another dealer to see what they have I would try that. If you order and the deals get better when it comes in then you set, but if not,
your .... well you know what I am going to say.

·
Registered
423 Posts
skyhawk said:
Wait awhile. Say 2 to 3 months if you can. GM may offer substantial rebates and other incentives to move their inventory. Car sales are way down and winter is coming. Also, GM is about to go under. If they don't offer lower prices, they aren't going to sell many cars. 4 to 8,000 dollars off MSRP good be on the way very soon. I would wait.
Yeah I would wait too. I am in the same boat. Want an SLT2/White Diamond/Cooled Seats/no 19 wheels plus some other little things that makes it hard to find. That puts me in ordering mode as I have not been able to find one sitting anywhere. I would wait. I would say if you decdide to order you could make the order so you take delivey after 1/5/09 which is when the current offers expire. Some dealers maybe willing to keep the ordered car if you are not satisfied with incentives you would get at delivery. Just ask. It's another option we are currently considering.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just read an article about GM. Certain investment advisors have just changed their rating on GM stock from "hold" to "sell". GM could be out of money by the end of the year by sum estimates, February or April by others. They considered any bailout to GM either unlikely or would have little impact on the stock price. I would wait or offer a price way below invoice if buying. Anybody paying close to invoice right now is a fool.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree that you should shop around for a better deal or wait. With all the negative publicity GM has recently received and the perception that GM could fail, you should be able to get a deal at significantly below invoice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Twindad said:
I agree that you should shop around for a better deal or wait. With all the negative publicity GM has recently received and the perception that GM could fail, you should be able to get a deal at significantly below invoice.
I guess the question is now, what is the conensus for a significant deal below invoice?

skyhawk said:
Just read an article about GM. Certain investment advisors have just changed their rating on GM stock from "hold" to "sell". GM could be out of money by the end of the year by sum estimates, February or April by others. They considered any bailout to GM either unlikely or would have little impact on the stock price. I would wait or offer a price way below invoice if buying. Anybody paying close to invoice right now is a fool.
The one article I read said the analyst target price for GM is $0. :eek: The stock then dropped 30%. I wonder if they had a short sale or is that illegal?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The one article I read said the analyst target price for GM is $0. The stock then dropped 30%. I wonder if they had a short sale or is that illegal?
Short sales are not illegal, but the recent drop in price most likely resulted from the analyst downgrades and concerns that GM could be forced into bankruptcy.

As far as what is an appropriate price to pay for a new Acadia, I would shop around with various GMC dealers and see who will give you the best price. The "right" price is a relative concept and will depend on how desperate each individual dealer is to sell. The recent negative news about GM will probably hurt sales and increase the desperation level.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got quotes to have this ordered. (Dealers all said they could not find this combination within 500 miles) This is the best offer so far.

SLT-2 FWD with 8 passenger seating and trailering package, Exterior:Quicksilver, Interior: Titanium

Price 35,988
+735 Destination charge
-750 GMC rebate
-1000 GM card
34,973 Total

I do not qualify for conquest because I only own two GM vehicles and not a competitiors, what about brand loyalty?

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
What about the redtag savings

What is the vehicle MSRP, and what did they say was invoice?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The list is $38490

The red tag is $37,319. A dealer told me this was just the supplier pricing that GM is offering everyone.

From Edmunds.com numbers, they are pretty much offering to order this at invoice minus any rebates. I would like to do better, but I guess ordering does not get any cars off the lot.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
rctrex said:
I got quotes to have this ordered. (Dealers all said they could not find this combination within 500 miles) This is the best offer so far.

SLT-2 FWD with 8 passenger seating and trailering package, Exterior:Quicksilver, Interior: Titanium

Price 35,988
+735 Destination charge
-750 GMC rebate
-1000 GM card
34,973 Total

I do not qualify for conquest because I only own two GM vehicles and not a competitors, what about brand loyalty?

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Want to buy a Toyota? They may reject it though since it has a Chevy motor! :p

Best thing to do is to "build" it on the GMC, Cars.com, and Edmunds websites and then verify the numbers jibe. Edmunds is sometimes slow on updating price increases. Then look at the invoice pricing (Cars and Edmunds only) and see where you stand with the dealer number. Make sure your out the door number includes all dealer, government, and ad fees, also sales tax as required.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts