GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Ipod (NANO 4th Gen). I know of all the aftermarket hookups PAC, Lockpick, etc...
My question?? Does any of them play VIDEOS?? I see they all run music,albums, playlists....but what about the videos and movies?

My goal is to put all my music, videos, movies on my IPOD and then run them via the Acadia's radio via one of those aftermarket hookups.
Does any of them run video....I have a nav radio w/ rear entertainment...I am also using a lockpick device for a nav/video unlocking...

I want my kids Elmo to run from the IPOD. Then is it even possible to watch the video from the IPOD on the rear screen??

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
satyric said:
guccilyfe said:
yes that is the product but go to best buy and get this for cheaper, i have this and run it on my rear dvd player and it works great: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...d+av&lp=10&type=product&cp=1&id=1134703394661
One thing you have to take into consideration is which gen iPod you've got. I think that cable will work for the older models, but not the Gen4 Nano in the original post.
i used this wire with ipods and zunes, even a off brand mp4 player, as long as the device has an av out feature it will work, the fact that its white was solely for marketing, trust me, i have made these mistakes so no one else will have too

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info...I think I may try this. I assume you can get the music via the rear aux as well. Thanks for the quick replys

·
Registered
381 Posts
You have to be careful when you mention an Apple IPOD product and using the "Gen" label, the generation is device dependent. If you were talking "4G" IPOD, then the cable listed below will work. In fact it will work up through "5G" Ipod. Satyric is correct in that it will not work with the latest IPODs (6G+) and Nanos (4G+)

satyric said:
guccilyfe said:
yes that is the product but go to best buy and get this for cheaper, i have this and run it on my rear dvd player and it works great: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...d+av&lp=10&type=product&cp=1&id=1134703394661
One thing you have to take into consideration is which gen iPod you've got. I think that cable will work for the older models, but not the Gen4 Nano in the original post.
You will need the following cable for any Nano purchased new.

satyric said:

·
Registered
158 Posts
christish said:
Does it matter what format the downloaded video is, ie: AVI, MPG, WMV, etc...
In theory it shouldn't matter... If the iPod can play it (and you have the right cable) it will show up on the RSE screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts