GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everyone using the aux jack to connect their ipods? I saw some old posts regarding a special connector, but haven't seen any news lately.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The special connector is called the PAL and is a GM accessory. It should be available soon. There are several threads with more info about this item.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The I-pod hooks into the AUX jack. I currently am using a different MP3 player as well. The PAL I believe is to intigrate the I pod better with the stereo. Right now you must control the i-pod on the i-pod. I believe the PAL is in part to allow you to change songs etc via the stereo and steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not only that Keith, but more importantly the sound level/qualitly should improve with the PAL as well. Several folks have posted that when they use the AUX port, they have to put their IPOD volume up to the max and have their car stereo up pretty loud too to get a decent volume setting. The PAL is a true "line in".

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's a neat little device. Looks like they also offer an FM modulator, which would be a better choice than the audio cassette IMO.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry about that. The one I have didn't come with a cassette adapter. It just has a standard 1/8" (3.5mm) cable that connects directly to the AUX input on the radio. The runs from the base of the Flex Tune and not from the iPods audio output. This gives you a line level output that is then managed by your radio. No need or option to adjust the volume from the iPod. The Flex Tune includes a Hi-Lo switch which I normally keep at hi. I find that at that setting it matches the volume level for the other radio sources (i.e. Radio, CD, XM).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts