GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was playing music thur my Iphone thru my AUX input. When I recieveced a call. I decieded to to pick up the call with the phone still plug in to the AUX. to see what would happen. I was able to hear the caller thru the car speakers and the caller could hear me. Has anyone tried this before? and if so is the Iphone mic pick up my voice or is it the Onstar mic? The only reason i ask about the Onstar mic is beacuse of the Iphone headphone have a mic built in. O ya had the Iphone in the dashboard storage with the door open. ???

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Unless I misunderstand, you were using the mic on the iphone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure . Maybe I will do some testing today to see what happens when I cover the mic on my phone

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you do not hit the Onstar button to open up communications then I do not think that the Onstar mic would be tunred on, I highly doubt that the AUX jack would know to do that.

·
Registered
370 Posts
sadida011, let us know what you find out after testing it! I think it's pretty cool you can hear it through the speakers. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The Aux jack is just a dumb audio input jack. So it's just picking up the audio output from the iPhone - whether it's music or a phone conversation doesn't matter. No way is it linking to the Onstar microphone in any way.

·
Registered
635 Posts
That's right, you just found an easy way to use the cars speakers for the phone. The mic in the phone is what you are talking through.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It goes through the iPhone mic. I've been doing this since I got the Acadia. It saves me because I hate Bluetooth headsets. It's also nicer than wasting the Onstar phone minutes. Works great. Sometimes the callers can hear themselves, so just turn down the volume a little.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok your are right the Iphone mic is not turnned off when I plug in the AUX cable . So when I plug in my phone I can hear the person with the car speakers and have my phone on my dash and talk normally. :thumb: either way it works and I didn't have to buy anything else. Now I wounder is it will work with the Loc pic or Scosche . Has any one tried it yet?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The lock pic uses the charger connection right? I would assume it wouldn't work the same way. Going through the aux input makes the car speakers act as headphones. Than the mic is the iPhone mic which is very powerful. Almost too powerful at times. Going through the charger port, I would think wouldn't allow you to use the car as headphones. I don't have the loc pic, so I'm not sure if there's a setting on there to make the phone work through the speakers, but it wouldn't work the same way as it is now through the aux input.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No luck with my 07 Acadia. I plugged in my iPhone into the aux port and had my wife give me a call while I was listening to Pandora. I answered the call but it was just the phone, nothing coming through the car speakers.

Is there some type of tweak for this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts