GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the same trouble as previously noted with xbox in getting movies from the ipad to play via the components/rear aux on the rear screen. My car spent a whole day at the dealership with no luck, then they sent me to the salesmen who had no idea, then they suggested I call GMC at which point I wasted an hour on the phone with tech customer service who said "ipads must not be compatible with acadia". I should have read the forum first! I pressed the aux button on the remote and it plays great on rear screen. THANKS! It is a shame that no one at GMC or at the dealership knew the answer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great that you got it figured out! The dealers' knowledge in general is frightful; don't ask the sales guys any questions because they never know the right answer but don't hesitate to give you one anyway. I was told my HUD doesn't display radio or nav info, black doesn't come with cashmere, etc. Why do I always know more about the cars I'm buying than the dealer?

·
Registered
28 Posts
nightingales said:
Great that you got it figured out! The dealers' knowledge in general is frightful; don't ask the sales guys any questions because they never know the right answer but don't hesitate to give you one anyway. I was told my HUD doesn't display radio or nav info, black doesn't come with cashmere, etc. Why do I always know more about the cars I'm buying than the dealer?
Drives me INSANE

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Dear II,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your Ipad situation. I apologize that you did not receive the help that you need from the dealership or our GMC Customer Assistance Center. However, I am happy that you were able to find the information that you need on the forum.

Please, rest assured that you comments have been documented and saved. This allows several General Motors departments to review your feedback.

In the future, please, don't hesitate to contact me with questions and/or concerns.

Sincerely,
Michelle, GMC Customer Service

·
Registered
624 Posts
ll said:
I had the same trouble as previously noted with xbox in getting movies from the ipad to play via the components/rear aux on the rear screen. My car spent a whole day at the dealership with no luck, then they sent me to the salesmen who had no idea, then they suggested I call GMC at which point I wasted an hour on the phone with tech customer service who said "ipads must not be compatible with acadia". I should have read the forum first! I pressed the aux button on the remote and it plays great on rear screen. THANKS! It is a shame that no one at GMC or at the dealership knew the answer.
I just bought my wife an iPad. Can you explain to me how you connect it to the tv screen via the aux input jacks? I didn't think the iPad had any audio and video outputs?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Re: ipad movies via rear aux on rear screen

ccaats said:
I just bought my wife an iPad. Can you explain to me how you connect it to the tv screen via the aux input jacks? I didn't think the iPad had any audio and video outputs?
Apple and others sell adapters that give you video and audio signals out of the regular iPad connector. That way you can hook it up to your aux input jacks ( or TV at home, etc.)
on a different note, there are also adapters for HDMI, VGA, digital cameras and SD cards.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ok, I will google it. I just knew that it didn't have any USB, HDMI or other out jacks like I am used to seeing on my windows laptop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What year is your Acadia? I have been unable to get it working o far in a 2011.
  • iOS 14.2 and 13 (settings are correct)
  • HDMI to RGB AV converter
  • Replacement remote GM rear screen

Am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
20,845 Posts
What year is your Acadia? I have been unable to get it working o far in a 2011.
Doubtful that member will respond to your question. They haven't been on the site for nearly 10 years.

·
Super Moderator
20,845 Posts
Am I missing something?
Suspect a faulty converter or cable if the screen works with other inputs, the converter is installed correctly, and the OS/app/remote settings are correct. Do you have a way to check the converter setup on something else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Suspect a faulty converter or cable if the screen works with other inputs, the converter is installed correctly, and the OS/app/remote settings are correct. Do you have a way to check the converter setup on something else?
The converter icon appears when it gets plugged in. I’ll tested on something else and will let you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts