GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked mine up today and thought I let everybody know to be aware that a dealer might have a different 'dealer invoice' price than what you see for example at Edmunds. When I ordered my '08 SLT2 with Nav, sun roof, second row bench, HUD, HID, 19's and trailering package it amounted to $41,370 MSRP. We agreed on $500 over invoice - Edmunds invoice price shows $38,192; dealers invoice today showed $38,902 - a difference of $710. :eek: Turned out that on dealers invoice two charges for 'advertising cost share' were added to the overall total. I was told that every dealer is being charged by the manufacturer for their advertising. I don't know if that is in fact the case or not - however, I strongly advice to agree on 'invoice numbers', not just the term 'invoice' itself if you are planning to order your car and negotiate the price based around the 'invoice'.
For me it worked out OK - the dealer was very good about it. We ended up with an 'invoice price' of $38,208 8)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I found that out as well when I was shopping dealers to order my Acadia from. One dealer had $400+ in advertising charges included in his "invoice" price that the other dealer didn't. Make sure you're comparing apples to apples on "invoice" prices.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My local dealers were all charging the advertising fee...and therefore bumping up the dealer invoice. The dealership that I ordered mine charged me $600 below the Edmunds invoice.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My dealer (a no-haggle place) does not participate in GM's advertising so I was quoted invoice from delivery.

·
Registered
54 Posts
MSRP on ours exactly matched Edmunds and KBB, so we assumed invoice did as well. No mention of advertising in our agreed price. Same for the sheet the dealer gave us with the VIN.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not every dealer participates in these advertising programs. My Buick dealer does not and just explained this to me today. Therefore, his invoice price is exactly what you see on the internet. He even went on to explain to me the holdback checks they get every 90 days for the sum of all the vehicles they've sold over a certain time frame. Bottom line...ask your dealer if they participate in the advertising program when talking invoice price so you both will be talking about the same dollar amount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts