GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I E-mailed 30 dealers today to get invoice pricing, many will not budge of MRSP, but 3 came back and said they will order a vehicle for me at invoice. Took that down to my local dealer, and said it would be great if I could advertise his dealership by buying from him. After some hand wringing, he agreed to sell me the Acadia at invoice.javascript:void(0);
Smiley

So keep after them, you can get invoice pricing. There is also $500 cash back that is above and beyond invoice pricing as well. One dealer did come back with this statement that I am trying to find out what this is about, "With the $1000 incentive available for owning a non gm vehicle"[/color]. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks, and I like the new site :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
The $1000 is called "Conquest cash" and is applicable if you own a non-GM brand car or truck. You don't have to trade in the car, just own it.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Here's a link to all the Acadia incentives going on right now:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/gmc/acadia/100819750/incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=20147&state=VA

Here's a snippet from Edmunds - notice that the $1000 conquest bonus and the other $500 bonus both end Feb 28, unless they extend it.

$500 Cash to Customer start: 01/04/2007 end: 01/02/2008 Get Dealer Pricing
Restrictions: Bonus Cash is available to Active and Reserve military personnel.
Comments: Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

$1000 Cash to Customer start: 01/03/2007 end: 02/28/2007 Get Dealer Pricing
Restrictions: Conquest Bonus Cash is available to customers who currently own or lease a non-GM vehicle
(non-Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, GMC, Saab, Saturn, or HUMMER). See dealer for details.
Comments: Consumers are not required to trade in their current vehicles. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

$500 Cash to Customer start: 02/01/2007 end: 02/28/2007 Get Dealer Pricing
Restrictions: None.
Comments: Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is my first post, My wife and I are going to buy in April but I'm just starting early but I may use that "I'll advertise for you" and try and get invoice price for our truck. I told my wife I'll go to as many dealers as it takes to get invoice price or lower but I'm not paying sticker for this or anything for that matter, cars are just too high in price. I'll be buying in northern Indiana if anyone else is and I'm talking to a dealer in Fort Wayne this Friday or Sat. and I'll post whati find out this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Hey mongrel, welcome to the forum! First, check to see if you qualify for Supplier pricing through your employer. If not, you could at least use carsdirect.com to get about halfway to invoice from MSRP. (http://www.carsdirect.com/gmc/acadia) The fact is that right now these things are in such high demand and short supply that some dealers are playing hardball with the price. Assuming you have more than one dealership in your area, though, chances are that at least one of them will come close to invoice. But my guess is that by April, the assembly lines will be running at full production speed and Acadia inventories will be piling up. By then, you should have no problem getting a decent discount on one of these awesome crossovers.

Good luck, and keep us informed!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
admin said:
Here's a link to all the Acadia incentives going on right now:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/gmc/acadia/100819750/incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=20147&state=VA

Here's a snippet from Edmunds - notice that the $1000 conquest bonus and the other $500 bonus both end Feb 28, unless they extend it.

$500 Cash to Customer start: 01/04/2007 end: 01/02/2008 Get Dealer Pricing
Restrictions: Bonus Cash is available to Active and Reserve military personnel.

$1000 Cash to Customer start: 01/03/2007 end: 02/28/2007 Get Dealer Pricing
Restrictions: Conquest Bonus Cash is available to customers who currently own or lease a non-GM vehicle
(non-Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, GMC, Saab, Saturn, or HUMMER). See dealer for details.
Comments: Consumers are not required to trade in their current vehicles. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

$500 Cash to Customer start: 02/01/2007 end: 02/28/2007 Get Dealer Pricing
Restrictions: None.
I have heard that the incentives have been extended untilthe end of March and that new leas eprograms will be coming out in the middl eof the month as opposed to the end.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
elgmom said:
Does anyone know if you can use the Conquest Bonus Cash if you are also using the Employee discount?
If by employee discount, you mean Supplier pricing, then yes. (I think there's actually a difference with GM). But I used Supplier pricing (approx $2000 off msrp), $1000 conquest and $500 Acadia bonus all together. Does anyone here actually work for GM and got the true employee discount?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered mine ......Silver, Ebony, SLT-2 DVD, NAV on 2/5. Got the dealer to come down $2,900 from msrp of 41,545. This was below dealer invoice. Had 3 dealers working against each other. Only thing thats bugging me is the dealer will not allow any rebates if available when car comes in. Has anyone heard of this? I though I got a really good deal anyway.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes you can get GMS (Employee Pricing) and all the incentives. You just need to find a dealer who will give you the incentives. Some dealerships say no and pocket the incentives themselves increasing their profits. If you get GMS, GM automatically pays the dealership 5% of the overall cost of the vehicle. If a dealership refuses to honor the incentives then move onto another dealer.

Adam Boca

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered mine from the White Bear Lake Superstore in WBL, MN on January 30th.

MSRP was $44,660

Sale Price was $40,500 which included $1,000 Conquest Cash. Pretty good deal all around :)[/color]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Yes you can get GMS (Employee Pricing) and all the incentives. You just need to find a dealer who will give you the incentives. Some dealerships say no and pocket the incentives themselves increasing their profits. If you get GMS, GM automatically pays the dealership 5% of the overall cost of the vehicle. If a dealership refuses to honor the incentives then move onto another dealer.

Adam Boca
Ok - one more question. Would an antique sports car work as the "non-GM" car for the Conquest Cash rebate?

·
Registered
360 Posts
elgmom said:
Ok - one more question. Would an antique sports car work as the "non-GM" car for the Conquest Cash rebate?
I have no idea....I wish I could help you out on that one...

Adam

·
Registered
22 Posts
There used to be a GM dealership in Tennessee (not sure if it was a GMC dealer), not too far from Nashville or Chattanooga, that sold all new GM vehicles at invoice, but I can't recall the dealership's name and don't know if they still do or not. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered our Acadia yesterday in Fort Wayne and should be in mid to late March. We ordered a SLT -2 with sunroofs, heads up display, 2nd row bench seat, Met. Brown with Brick int. Sticker was $39,260 and I got ours for $36,715. Not to highest optioned one out there but it has everything we wanted and actually more than anyone really needs but that's an entirely different post.

·
Registered
182 Posts
admin said:
elgmom said:
Does anyone know if you can use the Conquest Bonus Cash if you are also using the Employee discount?
If by employee discount, you mean Supplier pricing, then yes. (I think there's actually a difference with GM). But I used Supplier pricing (approx $2000 off msrp), $1000 conquest and $500 Acadia bonus all together. Does anyone here actually work for GM and got the true employee discount?
Can the supplier discount be used similar to rebates and incentives? For example, if I'm able to negotiate a few hundred over invoice, say 33,000.......can I then subtract the Supplier discount along with the conquest cash and $500 incentive?

·
Registered
215 Posts
clsuper said:
admin said:
elgmom said:
Can the supplier discount be used similar to rebates and incentives? For example, if I'm able to negotiate a few hundred over invoice, say 33,000.......can I then subtract the Supplier discount along with the conquest cash and $500 incentive?
nope. the supplier price/discount is a number off of MSRP. It's actually right on the invoice (if your dealer shows you the proper one that is ;D ).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine for $1,045 under invoice, before an additional $1,000 on conquest cash and a gm card rebate of $2,850. Also, the dealer gave me a loaner for $10/day as I was without transportation due to an accident. I think they treated me fairly.

It's probably important to note that I was the first purchaser of an Acadia through my local dealership which probably helped my situation as they wanted to get the word out on the vehicle. There's no better form of advertising than seeing the vehicles on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Holy car-theft, Batman! I think you win the award for best deal so far. So not counting your GM card, you got more than 2 grand below invoice? That's fantastic! I was also the first person to buy an Acadia from this dealership, but we didn't get anywhere near that kind of deal. Nicely done, sir.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts