GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any dealers give you the "better" incentives and offers depending on the date of their invoice vs. the date of the delivery? (For example, if mine was invoiced prior to 6/4, but delivered after 6/4, do dealers "make good" on the better of the two incentives if for example, the $500 bonus cash "goes away" after 6/4?)

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
My dealer said that I would get any incentives that were in effect at the time of delivery. I too was concerned that some of the incentives would expire before I took delivery.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dealer "closed the deal" on 31 May even though the car hasn't "delivered" yet. Paid invoice price for an SLT-1 ... dealer then subtracted $1000 conquest, $1000 military incentive, $500 bonus cash, and the $1000 mailer. Vehicle should arrive this week.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Its up to the dealer as to how they want to play the game. Some will write them early (assuming the customer wants to do that without seeing the vehicle) to get in under a certain date where a promotion might expire. Others prefer across the board not to, (probably after having experience with customers change their mind later...). Probably depends on how recently they've been burnt.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sounds like you have a great deal, Vierenner! :cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
what was the $1000 mailer that you got vierenner?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've read about the $1000 mailer in other posts. It came via USPS and looked like typical junkmail ... sort of a postcard-looking thing folded over with a perforation. Opened it up to find a picture of an Outlook with a "$1000 Private Offer" on it. The fine print said it also applied to the Acadia. Not sure why I rec'd it ... probably related to my earlier online research into Outlook/Acadia/Enclave -- I requested brochures on all of them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll answer my own question, dealer worked up the paperwork today, that will "save" me the $500 bonus cash. Who knows, I might "lose" money if it goes up tomorrow, but whatever. I'm betting the $500 goes away tomorrow until later in June, or July. Still waiting for delivery, should be "soon". :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts