GMC Acadia Forum banner

Are you experiencing this issue with your Acadia?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• N/A

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice an intrusive radio hum that is produced when the car produces a sound, such as a door chime or turn signal "blink", which I understand are piped through the sound system?

Mine is very pronounced - loud enough to hear at idle, and certainly w/ the engine off if you flip the turn signal. I'm trying to determine if this is specific to my vehicle, or just the way they all work. I also get engine whine piped through the speakers when the radio is on - the sound changes in pitch according to engine speed, and if I shut the radio goes away.

Otherwise, I looooove the vehicle.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: Intrusive Radio Hum

jrocco001,

No intrusive noises from our radio.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts

I got nothing except the sweet sound of my ipod and quiet sound of the cabin.

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

That's very helpful - I am going to take it in. My salesman has not noticed the same on the other Acadias on his lot, so he's going to have them look at it.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
619 Posts

JRocco,
Would help to identify which trim line you have and which stereo, CD, CD/DVD, or NAV, to help other know what to look for.

On my NAV radio, no issues so far.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hi

SLT-2, CD, Bose deck, no NAV. I think I'm going to take it in for this and the tranny update next week. I'm convinced its not grounded or needs a power line filter...the oddest thing happened today:

I was listening to the radio, going down the highway, when I started getting interference. Not static, but a fairly consistent "thwapping" sound. About 30 meters ahead of me is a truck pulling a travel trailer - as I pass him, he's trying to pull over as one of the trailor's radials blew out. The actual sound of the tire radial belt hitting the road is the exact same sound coming through my speakers. I shut the radio off, and it goes away (except for the now muted sound coming in through the window).

·
Registered
592 Posts
30 METERS ahead? Is JRocco from Canuckistan? Had some minor electrical issues like this in my last car. Turned out to be a wire that needed grounding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have the engine whine coming through the radio. If I turn the radio up louder I can drown it out. But at lower volume, it is definitely there.

Does anyone know of a resolution to this?

SLT-1 Bose system no nav. Build date around end of April.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was told the radio is defective, and its a known issue as there is now a re-engineered part available. I should have it installed next week - will cross my fingers and let you know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We had this problem with ours... Took it the dealer with a couple of weeks and they fixed it. It was particularly pronounced with the XM, and one sde of the car was louder than the other. Dealer fixed it in a day, no further problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts