GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ originally posted in with intermittent HUD and radio issues - but thought it was deserved its own place ]

I have 53 miles so far on my car (SLT2 with HUD, XM radio and DVD) and have had the radio emit a nasty loud static noice once, without music sounds. After shutting off the car and/or stereo a few times it evenutally went away.

Now, the ongoing issue is that every other time or so that I start the car I have intermittent issues where the stereo does not emit any sound at all, although the stereo display shows channel and band changes. Adjusting the volume still does not do allow any sound or the display band to move. Totally intermittent. May do this for 2 or 3 trips/restarts and shutdowns of car, and then all of the sudden it works fine.

When the radio sound stops...also no noise is emitted for any other operations (even though they don't seem to normally orginate through the speakers), such as turn signals are now totally silent, memory seat reset button (usually beeps twice after pushing), etc.

My dealer has one other customer with similar problem, so I am waiting for them to find a fix first, before we try servicing mine. I think they are going to try installing a new radio, but I don't see how that can be the issue when sound from turn signals are also affected, and it has something to do with restarting the car.

Maybe this will help our GM techies figure it out?

Anyone having this problem? Anyone found a fix?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I noticed something similar to this again today when I had a home-brewed mp3 cd in the deck. Every time I got back in and started the car it would play two seconds of the song, then go mute for a couple of seconds and finally play normally again.

It doesn't really bother me, not as much as the shuffle resetting upon every restart.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Gills said:
I noticed something similar to this again today when I had a home-brewed mp3 cd in the deck. Every time I got back in and started the car it would play two seconds of the song, then go mute for a couple of seconds and finally play normally again.

It doesn't really bother me, not as much as the shuffle resetting upon every restart.
If I'm not mistaken sometimes home recorded stuff doesn't play or play right on certain equipment. Did you try it with a regular CD?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am not having this problem. I started the thread on the intermittent NAV/HUD problem, but this one seems different. Don't you just love the intermittent problems? :banghead:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My problem seems to have nothing to do with playing cds at all. Seems more related to starting of the vehicle.
Someone posted this issue on Edmunds and I am trying to see what their dealer did to fix, but so far no response.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: Intermittent loss of radio sound plus turn signal and other sounds after sta

katherinet...the radio team has duplicated the radio/hud issue as reported on another thread. I will forward your information to them also so they can work it as well. Fix is being worked for radio/hud...stay tuned...it may apply to yours as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks much for helping out with the radio issue. I am keeping a log book if you need more information. So far, it always happens on first start of the day, and seems to go away after 2-4 restarts. Sometimes it does not fix itself until the restart AFTER the loud static noise. Usually 1st start of day, no radio control or sound, 2nd or 3rd immediate restart (or after a short trip), same issue, 3rd or 4th, extremely loud static noise, 3rd, 4th or 5th restart, begins to work normally.

I have only had my Acadia since 4/14/07 and it has done this every morning. Other than this issue, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS VEHICLE! Nice to be back in a GM. (Traded in a 2001 Audi A4 Avant Quattro.)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: Intermittent loss of radio sound plus turn signal and other sounds after sta

Thanks for the added info katherinet. I have also forwarded it to engineering. Will keep you posted. Glad you love the Acadia...we had a great time doing it!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to say, it is sooooo nice to be back in a GM. Kudos to acadia7j1000001 for quick response on technical issues. I even had a gm supplier contact me through this forum with a fix, as well as contact my dealer to discuss. My dealer called promptly and recommended we order a new part.

GM, PANASONIC and Haggerty GMC (Villa Park, IL)....you are the best!

My Acadia rocks, too! Anyone out there wondering if they should buy one....of course! You will always be taken care of by the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its Gmc software bugs .. you need to update gmc bugged software in bcm so that it always send a signal to unlock the bose amp. they build Acadia so that after few years software need to be reprogrammed so that they can steal us ... government should had made recalls but they too corrupted and not willing to help fair citizen not getting stolen...

Government is supposed to protect us from these frauds Dealers engineer made and force recalls... We should all do a big rally and go beat to death those up there in the government and then force those we didn't found to make recalls and protect their citizens...

Also sound was working a day and not the other days.. when I've put an octocore from China (touch screen/withDvd that is plug n play n made for bose) the sound worked perfectly few months without any bugs +... but then sound bugs came back and still have no sound now... :(

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
... We should all do a big rally and go beat to death those up there in the government and then force those we didn't found to make recalls and protect their citizens...

I feel like killing a highly ranked member of my government and Gmc only because I have no sound and spend way to much on that lemon...
From 2 posts.
Seems, uh... reasonable? No.
Never mind one of the posts is 14 years old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts