GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Acadia SLE with 2,500 miles and I scratched the trim around the right vent above the glove compartment. I want to fix it but am wondering if it is easily removed and replaced. Looks like it should pop off but I can find instructions no where. Trim looks just like a 2019 also. Anyone know how to do this??

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Some folks would try to get it repaired under warranty? ;) ;)

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Nothing I'm aware of in writing unless your dealer has a body manual. Vent trim is usually held on by a series of clips around the outer edge. Those clips can be released with special trim tools. Sets of trim tools are available online.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You might be just as well off paying the dealer or a trim/wrap shop to switch it out for you.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Is this the part you mean (1st picture)? If so, remove the outer trim cover first (3rd picture), then the trim plate applique (2nd picture). Like Speleos said, both are held on with trim clips, and your vehicle is new enough that things shouldn't snap!

This is from a 2019 though.

4406825.JPG Instrument Panel Trim Plate Applique.JPG Instrument Panel Outer Trim Cover.JPG

If you have one near you, even a cheap set of trim tools from Harbor Freight should survive removing a few panels.

Reactions: Grantv
1 - 6 of 6 Posts