GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a new vehicle and the Acadia is on my short-list. I've got two labrador retrievers who are with me in the car almost daily as we travel to training and shows. I'm looking for a vehicle that can fit two 36" wire crates (36"L x 21"W x 26" H) and still have room left over for gear.

I've looked all over the internet and can only find the cargo dimensions in cubic feet (or litres), not in a mm/inch measurement.

Would someone be so kind as to measure their Acadia for me?? :thumb:

I'm looking for:
floor length between driver's/front passenger's seat to tailgate
floor length between 2nd row seats to tailgate
height of cargo area with 3rd row seats down
width of cargo area between the narrowest point
tailgate to ground measurement

Thank you, in advance! :D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I don't know about the height, but I do know that I can haul 4x8 sheets of plywood with the rear hatch shut. I will try to get the measuring tape out tonight and respond if no one else can get to it before then.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
GAR said:
I don't know about the height, but I do know that I can haul 4x8 sheets of plywood with the rear hatch shut. I will try to get the measuring tape out tonight and respond if no one else can get to it before then.
I haven't tried it, but I could swear others have said you cannot close the rear hatch with a 4X8 sheet of plywood in the Acadia. My recollection is it hangs out 6-8" or so too long.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would be surprised if you could haul a 4x8 sheet. I just hauled a 36" x 80" door and that barely fit length-wise. I had to slide the center console all the forward, and then slid the door at an angle on it's edge between the 2nd row captains chairs all the way up to the back of the center console. I think I only had an inch or two to spare.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
You might be right about the length. When I hauled 5 sheets of 4x8 plywood, I also had 10' and 16' 2x6s along with some 10' 6x6s in the back at the same time so I could not shut the gate. It was only by observation that I thought I could have shut the gate with the 4x8 sheets in there. So I might need to stand corrected about the length. I will say for a fact that the 4' width fit as I slid the 4x8 sheets of plywood in the back without a problem.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I was wrong about the length. From the rear gate to the center console between the front seats, is 87 inches. From the rear gate to the 2nd row seats is 48" and if I slide the seats forward there is 53". NOTE" The seats lean back, so as you get higher the length narrows a bit.

The entire rear is 48" wide until you get up towards the windows and then it narrows in a bit.

Just by measuring, and by looking, if you put your two 36" wire crates (36"L x 21"W x 26" H) in, you should have some room for gear with the seats up and lots of room with the seats down.

But I would take both of the crates to the dealer and throw them into the demo just to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts