GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife and I have been shopping for an Acadia for some time...(waiting for our Denali to sell), finally in the process of ordering and I find out that they have eliminated the Titanium leather with black carpet interior!
If you want Titanium leather, you will get the titanium carpet (which is very light in color). What a down grade! The black carpet looks so much richer with the Titanium leather and it shows FAR less dirt with the kids getting in and out all winter...
Why would GM change something like this from '07 to '08?
By the way... all of the brochures and online info. show the Titanium interior with black carpet.
So my only other option is to order the Brick interior so I can get the dark carpet... (don't like the ebony interior.. too blah.)

Just venting... just when you think GM has got it all put together, they go and pull something like this. :sosad:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I couldn't imagine having to deal with titanium colored carpeting. That's a bummer. :eek:hno: But I'll tell you, I have the ebony interior with the ebony carpeting (obviously) and it shows all the dust, dirt and dog hair just as easily as any other color.

Aside from that, the material this carpeting is made out of, makes it a bear to get the dog hair vacuumed out of! It takes about two hours to properly vacuum the interior of this vehicle. Sadly because of that, my dogs don't get to enjoy the Acadia as much as I'd like them to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thing I don't have dogs! ;)
My biggest concern is the dirty feet of my 4 kids (the 5th will be in a car seat for some time...only 2 months old). We had a Chrysler Town & Country with light tan interior a few years back, and it was NEVER clean...even steam cleaning would not take the stains out. And we're not talking about anything crazy such as drink/food etc. we're talking about dirt, mud, slush (in the winter) etc. I will never have anything but Black carpet again... it's awesome at hiding all that stuff.

Thanks for your input

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Have you ever thought to Scotchguard the carpeting? I've had that done to the last three vehicles I've owned and it seems like it cleans up MUCH more easily.

I definitely hear ya... I'd be leery of light carpeting with kids or dogs when you take into consideration that they're trekking dirt, mud, slush, etc. into the vehicle each time they get in it.

What color exterior are you getting? While I was at the shop today, I saw a Gold Mist pull in with Brick interior and it looked like a really good color combo. I think the white would probably look good with Brick as well. I'm personally not a big fan of that color interior, but I guess it looks alright with certain exterior combinations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an 07 now and have the dark carpet with the Titanium and am in the process of upgrading to an 08 with the lighter carpet. Just in my opinion the dark carpet is very hard to keep clean. Hair sticks to it like glue and a regular vacuum will not get it up. Make the interior look dirty all the time. I think the light carpet will be better.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have the titanium 08 with the light carpet and so far I have been very pleased. So far it has cleaned up nicely with my 7 year old boy's attempts to destroy it. Although, I do know that darker, although harder to keep lint and hair from showing, will certainly hide stains better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input.
Yes I have done Scotchgaurd in previous cars, I have not noticed a big difference.(maybe the dealer was ripping me off...NO! not the dealer!)
We are considering the White Diamond Tricoat.
I have had black carpet in the last 4 cars (including our 07 Denali). Our initial reaction to black carpet (4 years ago) was; "It'll show everything!"
Just the opposite was true.. at least in our Nissan Quest. The Denali definitely has a "cheaper" carpet than our Nissan. It does trap a little more hair and such.
I have not spent enough time in the Acadia to know if the carpet is the same or cheaper than whats in the Denali. Guess I ought to look at that. Sounds like it makes a difference as to how it holds on to 'stuff'.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I didn't think the White Diamond was still an option for 2008... is it? It's a beautiful color and will certainly look great with Brick interior! My one gripe about the brick was all the colors going on inside the vehicle... brick, ebony and titanium all in the same interior looked nuts to me. LOL But I guess some people dig it. :thumb:

I have one of those, um, what do you call it... it's a kind of roller brush attachment that goes on my upright vacuum. This is the only thing that gets all the fur and hair up from the carpeting in my Acadia. It takes forever, but it does a fantastic job. You just have to be patient... take your time and go over the carpeting a couple times. Unfortunately, I lack patience, so often my Acadia has stray pet hairs here and there in it. ::)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
White Diamond is still available... not sure for how long though. It is being replaced by Platinum Ice Tricoat in January.
Thanks for all your input Raven.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I decided against the Acadia for several reasons but I was wrestling with the same carpet issues as you. Finally, I decided whatever color I got, I would get all weather floor mats. I ended up with an Odyssey with Tan Leather/Tan Carpets. I got the Honda all weather floor mats and they are dirty, but, are easily removed and cleaned. There have been lots of threads about all-weather mats, whether GM or after market. Just something to consider...

And how one earth you will fit 5 children and all their crud in the Acadia I will never know! The fact that the rental we had that would barely fit behind the 3rd row a standard stroller,1 bag of groceries and a 24 case of water sealed the deal for me...no Acadia though I was madly in love with it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Iodonzs said:
White Diamond is still available... not sure for how long though. It is being replaced by Platinum Ice Tricoat in January.
Thanks for all your input Raven.
You cannot order it anymore, or haven't been able to for about a month or so now, though. Basically, so they can build-out what ones were ordered in WDT in the system, finish, and then do the Platinum Ice switchover. You can, of course, have a dealer look for one wherever and/or on its way and not sold.

As for the carpeting, the black carpeting (I have it in a different vehicle now, but the first time), shows EVERYTHING. Yes, stains are more hidden compared to light colors which can get quite icky...BUT we've always had custom-fitted rubber all-season mats in the past few vehicles, so the color has never mattered. We just don't have to worry about wrecking any carpet, but rather just occasionally washing off a rubber mat instead, that protects the carpet.

The Titanium is a great interior...just either way, get all-season mats, and you're good to go, and never have to deal with getting any carpet grimy. Just like Mama2girls+ababy! ^^ said :thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
With a platinum interior including the carpet, I was concerned the floor area would not stay clean for very long. So I ordered black all weather mats from Weathertech and cut some inexpensive thin black carpet for areas the floor mats would not cover. It looks fairly good, but as someone has aptly posted, the black shows any fiber, dirt, etc. very readily. I am not so sure that I should have not ordered the gray mats to go with the interior and better mask minor dirt on the floor area.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yep, I've ordered Weathertech mats for the front, and rear cargo area. These are great because they are custom fitted and cover perfectly. Sadly, they don't offer mat options for 2nd row with captain's chairs. ???

·
Registered
84 Posts
The titanium leather and carpet color are hard to keep clean. But in my opinion if you're a clean person its very elegant looking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts