GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to share my cleaning story....I was cleaning the inside of my Acadia this past weekend, giving it a little TLC. I had all the doors closed and was sitting in the drivers seat. I wiped down the dash and then moved down near the radio. As I was wiping down the radio area, the horn honked once and the doors locked. I thought "weird" and didn't think much more of it. I then unlocked the drivers door to get out. When I opened the door, the alarm (honking horn) started going off. I hurried into the house to find my keys. After about a minute of the horn honking and me dumping my entire purse out on the ground, I finally found them.....at the bottom. LOL It must have been the combination of buttons pushed or something to set it off. Moral of the story, be careful wiping down the dash and have your keys near by. :cheers:

·
Registered
275 Posts
apples said:
Just had to share my cleaning story....I was cleaning the inside of my Acadia this past weekend, giving it a little TLC. I had all the doors closed and was sitting in the drivers seat. I wiped down the dash and then moved down near the radio. As I was wiping down the radio area, the horn honked once and the doors locked. I thought "weird" and didn't think much more of it. I then unlocked the drivers door to get out. When I opened the door, the alarm (honking horn) started going off. I hurried into the house to find my keys. After about a minute of the horn honking and me dumping my entire purse out on the ground, I finally found them.....at the bottom. LOL It must have been the combination of buttons pushed or something to set it off. Moral of the story, be careful wiping down the dash and have your keys near by. :cheers:
Beware what? Your alarm working properly? :eek:hno:

I always keep my keys handy; the kid likes to see if I'm paying attention and lock the doors with the wife's keys while I'm inside the Acadia cleaning. If you trigger the door from the inside after it's locked, that's your content alarm going off. Think about it; someone smashes window, opens door from inside, honk! honk! honk!

·
Registered
164 Posts
apples said:
Also look out for closing vents and turning off the power liftgate via the button above the cupholders. I had accidently shut off one of the vents and could not figure out why there was no air coming out of one of the center vents. ??? Bah....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts