GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone notice that some Acadias have the rear wiper control on the stalk, while others have it down by the t/c off and tailgate buttons?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Diff between 07 & 08, 08 being down by the tailgate switch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wish my 07 had it someplace else. I've hit it too many times because i'm so use to the cruise control being there. ::)

·
Registered
635 Posts
JLF said:
I wish my 07 had it someplace else. I've hit it too many times because i'm so use to the cruise control being there. ::)
Me too, that's exactly why they moved it because of the complaints.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Glad they moved it. It isn't uncommonfor me to hit that switch either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It makes sense now. Because I was wondering why the Enclave never had it on the stalk and the answer is because it was introduced as a 2008, not a 2007. Thanks for the clarification. I can see it being a pain on the stalk. It's so interesting how the 07' Lambdas have practically everything on one stalk (rear wiper/wash, front wiper/wash/swipe, blinkers, high beams). This is really a nice design element if you look at the simplicity of the steering column, however it must be annoying. I like how the switch is down by the tailgate one in my Enclave. Also, another interesting thing is the Enclave has a chrome ring around the stalk end for a nice design touch. I am surprised they didn't put faux aluminum around the stalk in the Acadia. One last thing: How much thicker is the windshield in the Enclave then in the Acadia, because apparently that is the reason the HUD could not be in the Enclave? Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
So did the 2008s lose a speed setting by having it change from a toggle switch with 3 positions (off, intermittant, on) to a simple dash-mounted switch?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Unless I'm missing something I think the answer is yes. I was driving last night in the rain and was thinking that I wish I had an "ON" option as the intermittent was just not quite quick enough. Unless I am not doing something right, the only option is intermittent on the 2008s.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My 08 just does the intermittent too. An on option would be nice.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree with GAR and dfrank. As far as I can tell, my '08 rear wiper only has an intermittent setting. It doesn't appear to have an "on" setting.

·
Registered
246 Posts
toasteroven said:
So did the 2008s lose a speed setting by having it change from a toggle switch with 3 positions (off, intermittant, on) to a simple dash-mounted switch?
Yep, we lost the "on" setting with the switch to the toggle from the stalk. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts