GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the wife and I emptied out the '97 Expedition of all our junk and drove to a GMC dealer about 1:15 away that had a 2009 AWD SLT-2 in stock with the options and colors we wanted. I had called them about 10 days ago (before I went on a 9 day business trip) to confirm that the vehicle was in stock. I then called them 2 days ago to again confirm the Acadia was still in stock. Then this morning just as we left the house for the hour plus trek we called again to confirm it had not been sold.

We arrive at the dealer, park the Expy and are greeted by a salesman. We tell him we are there to look at the white SLT-2 with the black interior. So we walk to the other side of the lot where the Acadia's are parked and quickly discover the Acadia is not there. He goes inside to check, when he comes back, he says, he doesn't know where the vehicle is. They have 3 Acadias and 3 Enclaves on the lot. Only one of the Enclaves has the trailer towing package. So we take it for a drive. It's nice and has all the options we want. However I don't like the interior (not a wood guy) and I really don't like the outside looks of the Enclave as much as the Acadia.

I tell him right off the bat, we were prepared to buy an Acadia today, but not an Enclave. So we go inside and work out the numbers (which takes forever). The standard GMS pricing, minus the standard $2250, minus another $250 military discount. One thing I didn't know before I arrived was that the 0% financing wasn't available if I took the $2250 incentives. Any how, as we go to leave, to think over the offer, the manager comes up to us to say they found the original Acadia we came for, one of the owners wives is driving it and it has 3000 miles on it. So I ask them to give me some numbers on that Acadia. They come back with the same deal GMS, minus $2500, and then a $500 credit for the 3000 miles. I thought they were on crack. I expected to hear $1500-$2000 discount for the miles.

So we left in the veteran Expedition. I told the salesman as I left to look for another Acadia with the option package I want. I also told him that if they'd give me $1500 off for the Acadia with the miles to give me a call.

I guess we'll see if they want a sale or not.

Lesson learned for me, even though I get told 3 times a vehicle is on the lot, the sales people are too lazy to look and ensure a vehicle is actually there. I even gave them the VIN. I found this experience to be frustrating and somewhat reflective of GM as a corporation.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Unfortunately that is standard for a lot of dealers; they know you're interested and will tell you almost anything to get you in. If they really want the sale; they should give you something off for the mileage. Other choice would be to find another Acadia from another dealer

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow. What a disappointment. :( If you have a choice, I'd get rid of these yahoos and find a new dealer. You kept your cool a lot better than I would, sure hope you find what you are looking for! Best of luck. -R

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great news, I did some more searching on GMC.com and found the exact vehicle I want with the exact options I want (except it has DVD which I don't want) at a dealer in NJ. Now I just have to convince a PA dealer to trade for it so I can save $1600 in taxes (which is another story altogether).

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
skierman64 said:
Great news, I did some more searching on GMC.com and found the exact vehicle I want with the exact options I want (except it has DVD which I don't want) at a dealer in NJ. Now I just have to convince a PA dealer to trade for it so I can save $1600 in taxes (which is another story altogether).
I hope the dealer to dealer trade works out for you

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
In addition to that, any chance you could get another PA dealer to get the vehicle you wanted from that first dealership you dealt with and get him to offer a better price?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BOBBO said:
In addition to that, any chance you could get another PA dealer to get the vehicle you wanted from that first dealership you dealt with and get him to offer a better price?
Possibly. I looked for some dealers closer to my house and there are some and they are right off the interstate. Here's my dilemma, I liked the salesman at the place yesterday (talked about in the OP) I just thought the idiots who didn't tell me the car wasn't there when I called, dropped the ball.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts