GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my music library stored on a thumb drive and it plays okay, but the file management function on the unit in my Acadia is difficult. On another car (same manufacture year, different brand), when I first insert the thumb drive the radio unit starts at the beginning of the folders and scrolls all the way through the library without my intervention. It defaults to artist, and plays all files in each artist folder and subfolder automatically, transparently changing between all albums before going to the next artist, whereas on the Acadia the unit gets stuck in one folder or subfolder and continually plays the files without transitioning to the next folder once all files in the folder have played. If I go to the menu, the screen doesn't start me where the files currently are, it instead takes me back to the beginning of the folder structure, so I have to scroll through the library again to find the next folder or artist. This is not what I should be doing while driving -- it is as bad as writing a text while driving.

Has anyone been able to program how the unit plays files so that there's some sanity in how they are managed? So that the unit plays files sequentially and transitions between folders and artists without intervention?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.