GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any running boards designed for the Acadia that are integrated into the body of the vehicle? (My apologies if I simply missed this in other posts). I understand that there are these type of running board designed for the Enclave. If there are such boards available (I haven't seen a GM product that fits this description) I would be interested in putting them on my vehicle.

I've seen several of the chrome "tube type" step rails, but am not a fan of what I've seen thus far of that variety.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had my dealer install the factory assist steps for my wife. They are a true bolt on with no drilling. The holes are drilled in the frame from the factory. You can view them from the GMC website.

Pat

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was considering the Enclave's carbon metallic moulded running boards, but I don't know if the body lines are exactly the same (the same chrome ones are listed for both cars). Then again, they'd have a Buick logo...

You'd think it wouldn't take much to offer moulded ones for the Acadia...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw some on ebay. Just type in "acadia running boards" in the search. You should be able to find it. They are a black composite material that seems to blend into the side pretty well. They were about $250. Hope that helps......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Howdy All! Just joined today :binky: and found your site while looking for running boards for the Acadia. As by the siggy, we traded in the Denali after having a Suburban then Denali for 7 yrs. We just got tired of the huge size and we didn't need the full 7 passenger any more.

So, I was looking at those running boards on ebay too. Look a little flimsy, I'm not sure about having to drill holes in myself, and I'm very leery of an ebay member with only 3 feedbacks.

The GMPartsDirect.com ones look like they are just chrome tubes?

Is there any really nice molded ones anywhere? Anyone have pics of the Enclave ones? How about the Outlook ones (or does Saturn even offer them)? (Sorry, I haven't spent allot of time doing a search here yet.) We are finding that we really need the boards as our youngest daughter (6) is having a hard time climbing in. Forget about it if she's wearing a dress - we have to lift her in.

Oh, and I'm also a member/officer of CAFCNA (Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America). On my 3rd Avalanche.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am pretty sure (from prior posts) that the holes in the car are all predrilled. There is at least one very detailed post on installing them yourself and how to do it. Also several posts with pictures. I would think the gmparts direct boards are the factory ones and they are way more then chrome tubes. I have the factory ones which I ordered after I bought the car and had installed. I like them very much and think they look pretty good. I posted pictures somewhere. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any updates on these running board. Has AMP research started making them yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts