GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pleasantly surprised from talking with my insurance rep that the Acadia will be $34 less every 6 months (352 instead of 386), than our current 2004 Grand Cherokee. Don't know if it is the V6 vs V8, the better crash ratings, perhaps the weight (Acadia is about 800-900 lbs heavier)-- and I don't know if I care. Acadia is $3k more stickered than the last car (although the Jeep was HEAVILY discounted, at $7k under sticker)-- Acadia is more loaded-- but will use less gas and less insurance expense. Makes me ;D

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Good to hear! We're just now getting around to adding our Acadia to our insurance. I'll report my quotes as well...

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Ours turns out to be about $25 less every 6 months compared to my 2005 G35 coupe, but about $50 more than the wife's 2005 Altima. Still, at close to twice the cost of the Nissan, that's not too bad at all...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine was higher than I anticipated. I pay annually $486 for my '01 chevy venture and now $516 for the Acadia. My former car was an '96 Altima that I paid around $425/year until I dropped collission coverage given the age of the vehile. I use Erie insurance and think that it's time to check pricing with other companies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My rate quote on a loaded Acadia SLT-2 was $230/year higher than my current 05 GMC Envoy XL SLT. They told me that they rate it high in the first year because their is limited loss, damage, and safety data on new models.

·
Registered
364 Posts
FYI.

I sold an 02 Acura MDX and added the 07 Acadia SLT-2 and my insurance went up 36.70 for six months.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My insurance is through USAA and the difference from my 06 Honda to the Acadia was about $135 less per six months. ;D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Replaced a 2004 Lexus and the insurance went up $23 per 6 months. Not too bad!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My insurance company (State Farm) quoted me a rate of $240 per year higher than I am presently paying for my 2003 Suburban. They cannot explain the reason for the 28% increase.

·
Registered
48 Posts
warrende said:
My insurance company (State Farm) quoted me a rate of $240 per year higher than I am presently paying for my 2003 Suburban. They cannot explain the reason for the 28% increase.
Same here....State Farm NJ quoted me a $270 increase in yearly rate over a 2003 pathefinder....asked them to explain such a large increase.....took a couple of hours, but came back with $70 yearly increase.....did get the exact reason why....something about being put in a higher risk tier (should not have been the case....system error i guess with the vehicle being so new)......no more risky than the pathfinder....so get them to recheck and / or explain why....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Geico doesn't have info about the Acadia, so they didn't know how to quote me!! They asked me what vehicle it would most be like, and since I'd heard that it would ultimately replace the Envoy, I told them the Envoy. Even at that, my insurance is going up about $220/6 mos. over my '01 Acura CL. :mad: I have a feeling that after the safety info gets tested and reported, and they learn more about it, that it won't be quite as high moving forward.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I'm with State Farm. Mine is up $83.96 every six months coming from a 2006 Saturn Vue AWD V6. But I also increased my limits from 50/100 to 100/300 and I'm sure that had a lot to do with the increase. Once I get the policy in the mail, I should know more.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
GAgirl said:
Geico doesn't have info about the Acadia, so they didn't know how to quote me!! They asked me what vehicle it would most be like, and since I'd heard that it would ultimately replace the Envoy, I told them the Envoy. Even at that, my insurance is going up about $220/6 mos. over my '01 Acura CL. :mad: I have a feeling that after the safety info gets tested and reported, and they learn more about it, that it won't be quite as high moving forward.
Geico insured mine no probelm. It was 160/yrmonre than my Envoy Denali.

Limited info and the limited availability of replacement parts(more expensive and harder torepair incase of an accident) isthe reason for the increase.

·
Registered
364 Posts
NYJoe and GaGirl,

Something doesn't sound right on your quotes from GEICO, esp the part that they didn't have any info on the Acadia. I spoke with them on the phone while I was at the dealership--took less than 5 mins--they had no problems.

I have GEICO and my insurance went up $36.70 for 6 mos over a 2002 Acura MDX.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
002 said:
NYJoe and GaGirl,

Something doesn't sound right on your quotes from GEICO, esp the part that they didn't have any info on the Acadia. I spoke with them on the phone while I was at the dealership--took less than 5 mins--they had no problems.

I have GEICO and my insurance went up $36.70 for 6 mos over a 2002 Acura MDX.

Geico had no problem finding it for me.

As for the rates they are comparable to my Passat and the Denali.

·
Registered
619 Posts
GAgirl said:
That's very bizarre!! We are insured with GEICO and we called to compare premiums between the Acadia and the CX-9 almost a month ago, and they had info and ability to correctly price then. Our 6 month premium is going up less than $50, but that includes adding GEICO's mechanical breakdown on either new car.

You need to call them again and start over. Joe's right, it took less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
readyforacadia said:
GAgirl said:
That's very bizarre!! We are insured with GEICO and we called to compare premiums between the Acadia and the CX-9 almost a month ago, and they had info and ability to correctly price then. Our 6 month premium is going up less than $50, but that includes adding GEICO's mechanical breakdown on either new car.

You need to call them again and start over. Joe's right, it took less than 5 minutes.
Maybe they had trouble because I don't have a VIN yet? I was just trying to get a feel for what the insurance would be so I called before my order came in. Maybe after I get my VIN, I'll get a better estimate of cost. Hope so! I wasn't excited about the increase, that's for sure!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm with a smaller, Midwestern insurance company called Shelter Insurance and my premium only went up about $50 per year. I'm pretty satisfied with that. I think as soon as the excellent 5-star ratings for this series of vehicles gets incorporated into the insurance structure, it will be rewarded with good insurance rates.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
GAgirl said:
readyforacadia said:
GAgirl said:
Geico doesn't have info about the Acadia, so they didn't know how to quote me!!  They asked me what vehicle it would most be like, and since I'd heard that it would ultimately replace the Envoy, I told them the Envoy.  Even at that, my insurance is going up about $220/6 mos. over my '01 Acura CL.   :mad:  I have a feeling that after the safety info gets tested and reported, and they learn more about it, that it won't be quite as high moving forward.
Oh,well thatmakes sense. No VIN #.

Go online and find on that is comaprable to yours.  Steal that VIN and give it to them.  Just say thismight be the exact car you get but nothing is definite.

That's very bizarre!!  We are insured with GEICO and we called to compare premiums between the Acadia and the CX-9 almost a month ago, and they had info and ability to correctly price then.  Our 6 month premium is going up less than $50, but that includes adding GEICO's mechanical breakdown on either new car. 

You need to call them again and start over.  Joe's right, it took less than 5 minutes.
Maybe they had trouble because I don't have a VIN yet?  I was just trying to get a feel for what the insurance would be so I called before my order came in.  Maybe after I get my VIN, I'll get a better estimate of cost.  Hope so!  I wasn't excited about the increase, that's for sure!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts