GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!! :help: :help: :help:

We were just quoted $2,400 per year for insurance with Progressive. They tell us they don't have the Acadia rated as of yet so the insurance pricing is really expensive...The policy has us listed as a Envoy...but with rates much higher.

Please help...

What Insurance Co are you with?

What rate are you paying?

Did they have the Acadia Rated?

Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We're with State Farm...they have the Acadia and we pay just over $1000. May be higher/lower depending on where you live...not sure why Progressive doesn't have it...maybe not living up to their name!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Farmers

$600/6 mo which is high.  My Duramax 4x4 is $350.  When I sat down at the agent's initially they said the vehicle wasn't in the system so the premium was calculated by price of the vehicle.  That doesn't make sense because the Duramax is more expensive.  Said the price would come down once the vehicle model made it into the corporate computer system.  Hasn't happened yet after 6 weeks.  I'm in a lower rate area with a good driving record.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm with Farmers here in Oregon and my Premium is ~$421/6 months. I would assume that the premiums may vary based on location and driving habits.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone have any insurance quotes from "non captive" insurance companies??? :eek:hno:

What is the insurance company and the rate quote? :banghead:

Thank you... :help:

·
Registered
261 Posts
mayersj1 said:
I'm with Farmers here in Oregon and my Premium is ~$421/6 months. I would assume that the premiums may vary based on location and driving habits.
I agree, locations, driving record are definitely considered by insurance companies.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree also...there are many factors that effect insurance rates....

my problem is my insurance agent is telling me the insurance company has not 'rated' the Acadia yet and they are trying to take me to the cleaners...

I'm looking for as many options as I can hear about so when I talk with my insurance agent tomorrow I am fully prepared...please help.

$2,400 per year is horrible.

I was paying $800 per year on my 2004 Armada.

Thank you...

·
Registered
261 Posts
RedRocker said:
I agree also...there are many factors that effect insurance rates....

my problem is my insurance agent is telling me the insurance company has not 'rated' the Acadia yet and they are trying to take me to the cleaners...

I'm looking for as many options as I can hear about so when I talk with my insurance agent tomorrow I am fully prepared...please help.

$2,400 per year is horrible.

I was paying $800 per year on my 2004 Armada.

Thank you...
You should check with another insurance company. That sounds way too high unless you have a horrible driving record. Check with your local Automobile Club(AAA). I assume they have it rated because I am insured with The Southern California Automobile Club.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you...I will check with them.

No problems w/ the driving record. No tix, no dui/dwi. Just and insurance Co that doesn't have the Acadia rated yet.

I've actually found many ins co's don't have it rated yet.

That's why I was hoping to get some help from some of the forum members. I have an ins agent who is independent and can get ins from anywhere...she is having trouble finding better rates.

$2,400 per year is crazy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have Allstate and it the Acadia is going to cost me a little less than $900 a year in New Jersey. They already have the info on the Acadia, might want to try them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
RedRocker said:
We were just quoted $2,400 per year for insurance with Progressive.
WOW! That's insane!! :eek: I have USAA and just checked my online account to confirm...my 6 mo. premium is $372.63. I didn't have an issues with them at all when I was shopping for the Acadia. Their their online quote system already had the car, even with all of the trim levels. This was back in Feb. '07 when I was researching for a new car and I was quoted on the Acadia then...so it's not like all insurances are behind the curve, maybe it's just Progressive.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
RedRocker said:
What Insurance Co are you with?

What rate are you paying?

Did they have the Acadia Rated?
I'm with State Farm. I pay $88.92 a month for 100K/300K coverage with a $500 deductible. $1,067 a year. State Farm didn't have any issues with adding the Acadia, it was in their system. This was on 3/5/07. Upping my insurance coverage from 50/100 and changing from a Vue to the Acadia, only increased my premium by $5 a month.

I think you ought to find a new insurance company!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Havent received my Acadia yet, but I called GMAC Insurance and my Acadia will be

$59.00 a month. "0" deductible comp, "500" collision.
Full replacement coverage the first year.

·
Registered
468 Posts
As of two weeks ago I was chatting with my Farmers agent about some hail damage and had him check the Acadia for me in case we end up buying one. He said it was not yet in the system. He did state that the rate may be artificially high until they get real data on the vehicle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
RedRocker said:
No problems w/ the driving record. No tix, no dui/dwi. Just and insurance Co that doesn't have the Acadia rated yet.

I've actually found many ins co's don't have it rated yet.

That's why I was hoping to get some help from some of the forum members. I have an ins agent who is independent and can get ins from anywhere...she is having trouble finding better rates.

$2,400 per year is crazy.
Your right, that is crazy :crazy: No matter what your driving record is like, that's 3 times what you were paying
on your last vehicle, which is way past excessive even for a new vehicle. :hot:

·
Registered
264 Posts
825 a year in kansas with older drivers and no tickets or anything with state farm.

·
Registered
306 Posts
$656/year with GEICO, $100K/300K with $100 ded for a $41K MSRP SLT-2 Acadia in Virginia.

Had no problem--GEICO had Acadia data when I called them on 12 Feb--took less than 5 mins.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you everyone for your help.

Talked w/ my Agent today...and gave her all these quotes you have been providing...she took the comparative quotes to Progressive and they took care of everything...

I'm at $536 for six months :blob: ...way better than the $1,229/six months they were originally quoting me! WOW!!!

Thanks again! :cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also have Progressive. I called them directly a couple days ago and they said the rate increase over my '03 Trailblazer would be $28 for six months. The gal that I talked to did indicate that the Acadia was not yet in their system, but she was able to input all the info I gave her to to figure it out. I thought that was about right based on what I've been reading on the forum. I certainly hope that gets confirmed when I get my Acadia.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts