GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've noticed recently that when I start the car and drive away, the dash is dark. After about 20 seconds, it comes on. This doesn't happen every time. Any ideas? I'm guessing that if I sat in park for a moment, the computer would have more time to do it's thing?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think it is more likely just switching from full headlights (dim) to daytime running lights (bright), or vise versa. Do you have anything on the dash blocking the light sensor? I notice it will do this in the rain, in tunnels, etc. anytime the light changes for a period of time. If you start out in a garage, the headlines are probably on until you get out in the daylight and it switches to DRL. Does it happen at night also?

·
Registered
468 Posts
jseck2 said:
I think it is more likely just switching from full headlights (dim) to daytime running lights (bright)
I agree with that. I have noticed that the auto headlights will come on in the garage. After leaving the garage, sometime later, the auto headlights go off and the dash brightness increases. My guess is that this is what you are noticing.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
denemante,
When you say that the dash is dark, can you see anything at all on the gauges? In addition to the headlights going off and the dash lights coming on you might want to try turning up the brightness of the dash lights with the dimmer dial.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, what everyone responded make sense. But I believe my dash is 100% off - not just dim. Then it comes on. Perhaps, however, it's actually just very dim and very bright outside, so it looks 100% off but is actually in night mode. I'll check it again...

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my 08 Acadia, during the day the dash lights are always on and the brightness knob doesn't do anything. At night, the dash brightness knob works.

How can I turn it off the dash lights during daytime driving?

·
Registered
542 Posts
SANDRHINO- Same here with my 07. One of my pet peeves with wifes Mazda as a dark dash reminds me to turn on the lights but the Mazda is lit all the time. Not a big deal for me in the ACadia as the lights turn on automatically but I was expecting a dark dash during the day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I may be completely off here...but I've noticed that my day-driving panel is a little dimmer until I put on my seat belt. A second or two after I buckle up the dash becomes bright. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not...but they may have come up with a clever reminder besides the annoying warning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.