GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2008 Acadia SLT-1 w/o Nav. The lights for the battery, fuel and oil gauges have all but quit. The RPM & Speed are fine. When the key is turned on the light will come on for a second or so and shut off. The "stick" stays lit the entire time. With the headlights on, if the panel lights are dimmed, it will stay on for longer and just flicker. During the day they are completely black (except the stick stay lit). I have pulled the cluster out and the harness/connector appears fine - no bent pins and clean. I didn't take the cluster apart, but didn't see anything that seemed replaceable inside.

It has just a little over 37k miles so I was hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer. I have seen the cluster for about $150, but was curious if anybody else has had the problem and if that is the right fix.

Thanks
Brandon

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Interesting issue; I don't think anyone has had this issue; I would say try a new instrument panel; if you go this route come back and let us know the results........having the IPC completely dark during the day would drive me crazy

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
I think youll have to have a new IPC reprogrammed to display your mileage. (unless something has changed).
Trailblazers were like this...and youll get a decal to place on your door- letting the next owner know the IPC was changed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a similar occurrence, with the backlight of the battery, fuel and oil gauges blacking out, intermittently at first. The needles of those guages are lit. The backlight now does not come on at all. Because of the intermittent nature of the problem at first, sometimes flickering a bit, I would think there is just a wiring or connection problem somewhere. I haven't removed the cluster yet, but I'm definitely going to have a look now that the dealer has quoted a pricetag of $650.

Out of warranty of course.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had a dodge that did that. I pulled the cluster and changed the bulbs. I'm not saying that you can do that in a lambda but There is a chance

·
Registered
824 Posts
Although it may be possible to take the instrument panel cluster (IPC) apart and replace lights or stepper motors, there is no GM identified procedure for it. Their approach is replacement of the whole IPC. Programming is required after replacement.

Also, rbarrios is correct. In the Lambdas, the odometer value is stored in the IPC for the first gens (I'd assume the 2nd gen also, but am not sure). Source - GM bulletin #07-08-49-020E

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was also able to change over the odometer module over as well. I'm not saying it's possible in this application but worth a shot.

I did it on my Dodge to get the upgraded cluster with tac and white face gauges. Plug and play minus switching odometer modules over. Which was just a connector and some screws.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2008 Acadia SLT-1 w/o Nav. The lights for the battery, fuel and oil gauges have all but quit. The RPM & Speed are fine. When the key is turned on the light will come on for a second or so and shut off. The "stick" stays lit the entire time. With the headlights on, if the panel lights are dimmed, it will stay on for longer and just flicker. During the day they are completely black (except the stick stay lit). I have pulled the cluster out and the harness/connector appears fine - no bent pins and clean. I didn't take the cluster apart, but didn't see anything that seemed replaceable inside.

It has just a little over 37k miles so I was hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer. I have seen the cluster for about $150, but was curious if anybody else has had the problem and if that is the right fix.

Thanks
Brandon
My 2008 Acadia has developed the same porblem. The lights for the bottom 3 gauges remain dark. The RPM & speed do light up, however, the dimmer control fails to dim any dash lights, but does turn on the overhead lights when turned to extreme clockwise position. Owned since new, now 125,000 mi. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
J C

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Seems like the problem could be in both the headlight switch and IP. Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this happen to our 2008. Anybody figure out solution. Was it bulbs? Since all 3 are out at same time that seems unlikely. Maybe the dimmer but that should effect the speedometer and rpm as well. Is there a separate fuse for oil, gas, and battery light? Hopefully somebody has a solution. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

Thanks
Brandon
Hey Brandon,
I'm having the same issue, have you found a way to fix this problem yet. Please let me know.
Thank you,
Daniel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts