GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been having an issue with our 2012 Acadia in regards to the instrument cluster gauges reset while driving, which causes the Stabilitrack warnings to appear and the vehicle would no longer accelerate. The vehicle will be coasting at highway speeds, while all the guages read 0.

The issue was erratic. It would appear and then quickly go back to normal. It repeated probably close to two dozen times within the span of 60 minutes. I wish I would've had my wife video record the gauges and CEL turning on/off while it was happening. At one point the transmission was stuck in a high gear and wouldn't down shift or go into overdrive.

Anyway, we finally limp the vehicle home and I pulled the engine codes:
P069E
P0700
U0073
U0100
U0073 (yes, it was listed twice, and in that order)

A similar problem happened a week ago (not sure if the codes were the same since I took it directly to the dealership) and they replaced the TCM. Now its back at the same dealership and they advised that they are unable to pinpoint the exact problem.

Anyone had to deal with a similar issue? I'm seriously losing faith in this SUV. Only had it for 2 years and it's been our least dependable vehicle that we've ever owned.

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
Based on info in some 'net articles, there may be an electrical connection problem at the ECM. Read about U0073 first.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
The U codes-- id probably look into those 1st... since they point to a loss in communication on the vehicles network.

the P codes-- most likely related to the lack of communication.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Sometimes a problem like this can be as simple as a broken wire. The problem is, if the wire is broken within its insulator it can be very difficult to find. The insulator keeps the conductor in place and sometimes it touches and all is well and other times it does not and the sy stem shuts off.

I worked in Quality Control at Western Electric during the summers when I was in college. We were building Nike Hurcules. This type of failure received the maximum number of demerits. A plain, visible broken wire received much less.

George

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
I worked in Quality Control at Western Electric during the summers when I was in college. We were building Nike Hurcules. This type of failure received the maximum number of demerits. A plain, visible broken wire received much less.
How many demerits would you get for misspelling Hercules, George? :smile_big:

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
I had a good Idea of the Nike Hercules-- but still looked it up.... yup-- what I thought it was. Nice.

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
Look around the 'hood. There could be an abandoned launch site or support facility nearby.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We've been having an issue with our 2012 Acadia in regards to the instrument cluster gauges reset while driving, which causes the Stabilitrack warnings to appear and the vehicle would no longer accelerate. The vehicle will be coasting at highway speeds, while all the guages read 0.

The issue was erratic. It would appear and then quickly go back to normal. It repeated probably close to two dozen times within the span of 60 minutes. I wish I would've had my wife video record the gauges and CEL turning on/off while it was happening. At one point the transmission was stuck in a high gear and wouldn't down shift or go into overdrive.

Anyway, we finally limp the vehicle home and I pulled the engine codes:
P069E
P0700
U0073
U0100
U0073 (yes, it was listed twice, and in that order)

A similar problem happened a week ago (not sure if the codes were the same since I took it directly to the dealership) and they replaced the TCM. Now its back at the same dealership and they advised that they are unable to pinpoint the exact problem.

Anyone had to deal with a similar issue? I'm seriously losing faith in this SUV. Only had it for 2 years and it's been our least dependable vehicle that we've ever owned.
After taking my Acadia to the dealer three times for the same complaint while my 100K warranty was still in effect. Aamco is now rebuilding the Tranny. The problem was that the car hesitates & Jerks violently between 1200-2200rpms consistently when taking your foot off the gas and reapplying the gas. The excuse from the dealer was there are no codes and that they couldn't duplicate the problem. My warranty just expired and the end of August. The cause was the Torque Converter as well as the clutch plates costing me a whopping $4244. GM needs to own up to this problem it is wide spread. I will reopen my case# with GM. GM needs to pay for this!!!!!! I knew it was the tranny and the dealer refused to admit it.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
After taking my Acadia to the dealer three times for the same complaint while my 100K warranty was still in effect. Aamco is now rebuilding the Tranny. The problem was that the car hesitates & Jerks violently between 1200-2200rpms consistently when taking your foot off the gas and reapplying the gas. The excuse from the dealer was there are no codes and that they couldn't duplicate the problem. My warranty just expired and the end of August. The cause was the Torque Converter as well as the clutch plates costing me a whopping $4244. GM needs to own up to this problem it is wide spread. I will reopen my case# with GM. GM needs to pay for this!!!!!! I knew it was the tranny and the dealer refused to admit it.:mad:
:eek:fftopic: We're waiting for the OP to respond.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue as the original poster but nothing done to try to fix it yet. It is at our mechanic where they are trying to replicate the issue but it is random and mostly happens when it is quite warm weather. So far only getting the U0100 and P0700 errors. Would love to find out what the root cause could be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts