GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, I just purchased a 2021 Acadia SLT V6 on May 29th, 2021. Car currently has 175 miles on it. Driving home last night (day 2 of ownership) the entire instrument panel as well as the infotainment display went dark. I pulled over to a service station and kept the car running while playing with the dimmer switch.....Eventually the lights came back on. Defective dimmer switch? Why would the entire instrument cluster as well as the infotainment system go completely dark? Any TSB on this matter? I will be bringing the car into the dealer at my earliest convenience. Not thrilled that on day 2 of ownership my car has issues.

·
Super Moderator
21,777 Posts
Good luck getting your "Arcadia" fixed. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Speleos..but I didn't get any info... Is there something I don't know? I'm assuming this is a help/informative forum..Any additional info? PS... What's with sarcastic typo incorrect spelling? I have since corrected Acadia. I'm here to get info and help... . Please help... Thanks so much.

·
Super Moderator
21,777 Posts
We just purchased a 2021 Acadia SLE and the salesperson continually referred to it as an Arcadia!
Your salesperson is stupid!

BTW, the ridicule experienced by members for misspelling the vehicle's name has gone on in this forum since before my 2007 join date. If one can't take the heat, get off the burner!

Reactions: Gmcde3

·
Registered
2021 AWD Acadia Denali
8 Posts
Agree, it’s a dead forum for a reason…

·
Super Moderator
21,777 Posts
Agree, it’s a dead forum for a reason…
The Enclave, Traverse, 'Nox/Terrain, and XT5 forums don't fare any better.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Acadia Denali
8 Posts
What Arcadia forum would you suggest? :)
I’ll come here looking for what’s been discussed, but not to be part of a community…, in reality a community doesn’t exist, owners come in and then leave. If you want to see a good forum for a somewhat low volume product. Check out the Buick Regal forum. Very large active community for a low volume product. You guys are pretty rough on new posters, it’s unfortunate

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I’ll come here looking for what’s been discussed, but not to be part of a community…, in reality a community doesn’t exist, owners come in and then leave. If you want to see a good forum for a somewhat low volume product. Check out the Buick Regal forum. Very large active community for a low volume product. You guys are pretty rough on new posters, it’s unfortunate
I must be missing something. In 12 years, the Buick Regal forum has less than 6k members and 11k posts. The Acadia forum has been around for 14 years with 209k members and 283k posts.

My definition of a dead forum must be quite different than yours. If you want to see a really dead forum, take a look at the Buick Envision forum.

I will readily admit I do have a twisted sense of humor, but in all fairness, some new posters easily earn our snarky replies.

In keeping with the thread theme, My '18 never experienced screens going dark until I turned off the truck.

·
Super Moderator
21,777 Posts
... My '18 never experienced screens going dark until I turned off the truck.
Neither has my '20. Wonder if OnStar would report a fault, or the vehicle store it somewhere as freeze-frame data.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I just purchased a 2021 Acadia SLT V6 on May 29th, 2021. Car currently has 175 miles on it. Driving home last night (day 2 of ownership) the entire instrument panel as well as the infotainment display went dark. I pulled over to a service station and kept the car running while playing with the dimmer switch.....Eventually the lights came back on. Defective dimmer switch? Why would the entire instrument cluster as well as the infotainment system go completely dark? Any TSB on this matter? I will be bringing the car into the dealer at my earliest convenience. Not thrilled that on day 2 of ownership my car has issues.
2800k on our 2021 GMC Acadia Denali...same issue. We had one time where the adaptive cruise control didn't work. Afterwards, everything was fine. Starting this weekend, the instrument cluster began going black and then starting back up. All the gauges would sweep and the lights would come on. Turn signal quit working intermittantly. Additionally, auto high beams would not function. One service writer said it sounded like a battery issue??? To me it seems like something with the multi-switch... Pretty frustrating...and no loaner vehicles in our area due to vehicle shortage. I will report back what they disover at the dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts