GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a 2007 Acadia with the factory installed nav unit. Since the previous owner didn't take the free upgrades, and GM wouldn't provide them, I found a new DVD on eBay for half the GM price.

The GM instructions were about 5 lines long and of course didn't work. We put the DVD in the top slot and the system thinks it's an MP3 CD. Now we can't get it to eject (in fact, the unit doesn't think there's a CD in there at all). After pushing buttons, the face of the nav system dropped down and spit out the original GM nav system (from a second slot).

So, how do I get the DVD to come out of the top slot?? Do we need to reposition the face plate first? And do we put the original DVD back in behind the face? Or will we put the upgrade disc in this "hidden slot" (if we can actually get it out of the unit)?

Thanks so much for the guidance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE:
After trying several of the posts on ejecting the upgrade disc from the top slot, that worked. I did put it in the second ("hidden") slot behind the face. The nav system seems to work, but it certainly didn't indicate anything about it being upgraded.

So I guess I need to know how others have actually been able to successfully upgrade their nav software and the true steps to follow.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's always great when you can solve your own problem to a degree. :)

There is a way to see the version of the software installed (Courtesy NY_Joe's post in 2007):
Menu button on the right side.

Select the NAV tab

Select disc information

It would of course be helpful to do this with the old disk and see what it said for comparison.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts