GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of upgrading my 6-disk CD player to a DVD Nav head unit. I have an Enclave but there seems to be more people and more tinkerers in this forum so sorry in advance for hijacking it. I have documented my progress (like so many have here) at the Enclave forum...

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1101.0

I have my GPS antenna now and I am attempting to install it in the dash. Attached is a diagram on the location and wire path of the antenna. I am having a hard time fishing the wire through the dash to the head unit as the diagram shows. I thought taking out the cubby compartment on the top of the dash would help. There are two screws in the bottom but even with those out I can't remove it. I am sure there are clips holding it in but I can't get them loose. Has anyone taken this compartment out or ran the antenna?

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I took it out on the GMC several months ago. If I remember, there are two obvious screws but also two either under the dash trim, or hidden behind a small plastic cover. If the dash trim is like the GMC's, it just pops off. Once you have done it once, it takes about 15 seconds to get it all apart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I couldn't get to the hidden screws because I couldn't get the dash trim next to the windshield off. I couldn't take the dash trim off because I was too scared to take off the a-pillar/air bag covers. I decided to take a different route with the antenna wire (shown in red).

Now if I only had a Tech-II to program the turn signal click sound down to a moderate level I would be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
rcrules said:
Thanks for the reply! I couldn't get to the hidden screws because I couldn't get the dash trim next to the windshield off. I couldn't take the dash trim off because I was too scared to take off the a-pillar/air bag covers. I decided to take a different route with the antenna wire (shown in red).

Now if I only had a Tech-II to program the turn signal click sound down to a moderate level I would be good.
Regarding the turn signal click volume: You should also be having a problem with your warning chimes being too loud. As it was explained to me when I swapped out my radio for a factory nav, the computer (BCM) has to be reprogrammed to show that it has a nav radio instead of a regular radio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swapped the 6-disk unit and nav unit back and forth a couple of times and it is not that much louder. I think I am getting used to it. If the warning chimes are louder I don't notice it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts