GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now live in a state that requires front and rear license plates, but didn't buy my Acadia in this state (so it didn't come that way). I asked the dealer for the kit, which they sold to me. But I'm not sure if this is something I can do myself.

I drill the holes ... but then what? I have four "rivets" that look like drywall anchors with a sharp spike coming out of one end. Do I push them through the holes I drill and then try to pull the spike out? Does that lock them in place or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar situation where I purchased my Acadia in a state that did not require the front plate. My dealer was kind enough to send the kit to me free of charge, but I hesitated when I saw what passed for instructions. I took it down to my local dealer and they installed it for free, took about 10 minutes. All he did was suggest I remember their service department when I needed an oil change.

·
Registered
681 Posts
They should not have charged you for the kit - I live in PA and there is no front plates needed - the Acadia came with one in the rear cargo box area - I would assume they are standard on all Acadia and should have been included.

·
Registered
148 Posts
it can't be that difficult.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dc213121 said:
I now live in a state that requires front and rear license plates, but didn't buy my Acadia in this state (so it didn't come that way). I asked the dealer for the kit, which they sold to me. But I'm not sure if this is something I can do myself.

I drill the holes ... but then what? I have four "rivets" that look like drywall anchors with a sharp spike coming out of one end. Do I push them through the holes I drill and then try to pull the spike out? Does that lock them in place or something?

Any help would be appreciated.
Umm what you need is "rivet Gun" not a gun technically more like a lever...it grips the pointed end of the rivet and pulls it out like a nail while leaving the stud in place...

a local hardware store be able to help you and give you a demo...its really easy though...as long as you know how to handle a drill :thumb:

oh a quick google revealed this

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/rivetingbuttoning/riveting.html

Hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts