GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have installed the kenwood monitor, gps and bluetooth, of course all audio warnings went off (that i expected) however what i wasn't expecting to go off is the park assist! no sound neither the three lights are working, is that normal? once i put it on reverse, the only light on is the red light. this could be trouble for me as i live in crowded city.
is there away to have it back on again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
I had a Kenwood DNX8120 installed in my Enclave yesterday, and I still have the park assist beeps. There is a different bus adapter for our Lambdas than those other GM vehicles. That might be the case here.

Rex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there might be differences here between the two cars, i am just afraid the technician didn't install it right.
another Acadia owner post will confirm it.
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
any aftermarket headunit install would require a GMOS LAN (01 or 02) adapter to retain the original features and audible chimes of the vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Actually, I don't think the Lan 01 or 02 are the correct adapters to keep everything. My installer used a PAC OS-3 Bose adapter. And I don't think there are any differences between the OEM harnesses between the Buick and GMC.

Rex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
rexster said:
Actually, I don't think the Lan 01 or 02 are the correct adapters to keep everything. My installer used a PAC OS-3 Bose adapter. And I don't think there are any differences between the OEM harnesses between the Buick and GMC.

Rex
Really? The GMOS LAN01 WORKS. I have used 01's on 2 friends' Acadia both SLE (mine also uses 01) non-bose system. I am able to retain all the features of the vehicle. I think the GMOS LAN02 is for vehicles equipped with the bose system. There are different adapters out there that will suit for different application. You should pick one that fits your specification but to say that 01 or 02 are not the correct adapters is plainly misleading. You obviously do not do your own install since you have an installer do it for you, therefore, any information that you are not sure of, is best kept within yourself or better yet search around and find out what people are using.
It's good that PAC OS-3 works for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Thanks for the attitude. I said I DON"T THINK. The installer told me the LAN02 wouldn't work. Let's leave it at that.

Rex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
kram said:
rexster said:
Actually, I don't think the Lan 01 or 02 are the correct adapters to keep everything. My installer used a PAC OS-3 Bose adapter. And I don't think there are any differences between the OEM harnesses between the Buick and GMC.

Rex
Really? The GMOS LAN01 WORKS. I have used 01's on 2 friends' Acadia both SLE (mine also uses 01) non-bose system. I am able to retain all the features of the vehicle. I think the GMOS LAN02 is for vehicles equipped with the bose system. There are different adapters out there that will suit for different application. You should pick one that fits your specification but to say that 01 or 02 are not the correct adapters is plainly misleading. You obviously do not do your own install since you have an installer do it for you, therefore, any information that you are not sure of, is best kept within yourself or better yet search around and find out what people are using.
It's good that PAC OS-3 works for you.
Wow, slight over reaction to how somebody thought something was installed. Does it really mater if you use the 01 or 02 or the bose, if all of them work that's great. Just explain how something works without all the crappy attitude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Well, maybe that was too much..sorry for that. :(
So, i frequent crutchfield forum and also contribute there. I also point all those who own an Acadia to this forum. Yesterday, I received a private message from a person who was asking an advise for an an aftermarket installation.
one line was "Did you just f**k me off, you told me to buy a GMOSLAN01 when someone says it does not work in the forum you mentioned?"
He might have read this post which is the most current (not the old threads that say it worked).
He may not have paid attention when REX say "i don't think".
He already bought the item, but really have not installed it yet so he assumes it will not work.

Peace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks all and Kram for your valiable feed back, i did purchase the item you suggested from this link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120322604144

can you please confirm this is what i need? another question,
after i have installed the kenwood ddx 8019 i can't turn it on without turning the car on or at least the battery, is this normal? i used to be able to turn the manufacture radio on from one turn after inserting the key.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
sami3000 said:
thanks all and Kram for your valiable feed back, i did purchase the item you suggested from this link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120322604144

can you please confirm this is what i need? another question,
after i have installed the kenwood ddx 8019 i can't turn it on without turning the car on or at least the battery, is this normal? i used to be able to turn the manufacture radio on from one turn after inserting the key.
I am not sure if your Acadia have a bose or it is a non-bose system. The link you provided is for non-bose system, hence GMOSLAN01. The GMOSLAN02 works for the bose system. If you got the correct match, and is experiencing the issue you mentioned, you may want to check your wiring. There is an ignition wire (RED), a constant +12V (yellow), and a car chassis ground (Black)..these wires should match with your GMOSLAN01 wires. When you turn the ACC on, your unit should also switch ON. And after turning off the engine (ACC off and even keys removed), your unit should also continue to be playing for sometime (10mins I guess) or until your door is opened, whichever comes first. Let us know how it goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks again, i'll let you know how it goes once i have installed,
my car is doesn't have bose so i think i am safe. i think i saw thread of yours indicating that i'll have to install external speaker for audio warnings is this true? and back to the original question, is it normal to have park assist disabled once you install after market stereo? will i have it back on?
sorry for all those questions, good news i am almost done ;)

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
sami3000 said:
thanks again, i'll let you know how it goes once i have installed,
my car is doesn't have bose so i think i am safe. i think i saw thread of yours indicating that i'll have to install external speaker for audio warnings is this true?
only if you have an external amplifier. if you don't have one, you will be okay.

and back to the original question, is it normal to have park assist disabled once you install after market stereo? will i have it back on?
sorry for all those questions, good news i am almost done ;)

thanks
although, i have only tried it on SLE's without park assists, i believe you will still be able to retain the park assist function. what will be missing though is the turn signal clicking. you will need a separate spdt relay to have it back on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi again, i have been desperately trying to find someone who is capable to install the GMOS LAN 01 but noone will help me, i only found one place who is willing to install it (it's their first time) but i am afraid if something goes wrong. could a bad installation of this unit damage something major in the car? i just want to be careful.
and what is GM 30 PIN harness? i couldn't locate it.
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Any reputable car stereo store should be able to do this. You might have a problem in that most of these stores make their money off the cabling/adapters/faceplates during a normal install. If you bring your own, they might not want to undertake the job. When I got my DNX8120 Kenwood installed last month, I told the store what I wanted (Sirius, where to install the antennas for both GPS and Sirius,bluetooth mike mounting) and they sold and installed the cables, even though I had gotten the headunit from an Ebay seller. They made money off the install and the parts (PAC-OS3, SWI-JACK, etc) and everyone was happy


Rex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
sami3000 said:
hi again, i have been desperately trying to find someone who is capable to install the GMOS LAN 01 but noone will help me, i only found one place who is willing to install it (it's their first time) but i am afraid if something goes wrong. could a bad installation of this unit damage something major in the car? i just want to be careful.
and what is GM 30 PIN harness? i couldn't locate it.
thanks
It is a pretty simple install and I do not think something major will happen. The 30 pin harness is actually the two separate harnesses that is plugged at the back of the factory headunit (i suppose you were looking for a one-piece harness that has 30 pins).
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top