GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered the Assist Steps from GmpartsDirect.com? If so do they come with detailed installation instructions?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I haven't ordered the assist steps for the Acadia, but I did for my Silverado and they came with installation instructions. You could always call them and ask, but I would think the instructions would be included for the Acadia too.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info GeoHawk. I did send them (GmpartsDirect.com) an email last night and this was their reply this morning "The catalog does not indicate if there are instructions included with the assist step kit." That is what prompted me to create this post. I will try giving them a call as you suggested.

·
Registered
131 Posts
golf2beach said:
Thanks for the info GeoHawk. I did send them (GmpartsDirect.com) an email last night and this was their reply this morning "The catalog does not indicate if there are instructions included with the assist step kit." That is what prompted me to create this post. I will try giving them a call as you suggested.
Answers like that drive me crazy. The rest of that answer should be, "Give us some time to look into it and we'll get back to you."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Accessory steps come with instructions.

PM me thier final price with shipping, and I will see if I can beat it. :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I picked up my assist steps from my local GMC dealer. Instructions were in the box. Easy to put on. No jacks or ramps. Did it right in the driveway on Super bowl Sunday on my back. They worked out well. I even put on the GM molded mudflaps the same day. Managed to install the rear mudflaps with out removing the wheels.

Bobby

·
Registered
63 Posts
DeForger said:
I picked up my assist steps from my local GMC dealer. Instructions were in the box. Easy to put on. No jacks or ramps. Did it right in the driveway on Super bowl Sunday on my back. They worked out well. I even put on the GM molded mudflaps the same day. Managed to install the rear mudflaps with out removing the wheels.

Bobby
I put mudguards on mine, then had to remove them, as they hang REALLY far down and hit my driveway when I pull in. It was either throw mud on the car, or rip the rear end of the car off pulling in and out of my driveway :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Does GM Parts Direct even have a phone number to call? I don't recall seeing one on their website, all their communication is done via email. I haven't had many good transactions with them so I've shopped elsewhere for a while now. I do not care for the bait & switch tactic of super low price with super high shipping.

I would suggest buying from a reputable vendor/dealer even if it costs a few dollars more. Not affiliated with tmundal, but he has been helpful to the membership here so I would tend to give him the business, especially since he has offered.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
GMPartsDirect is strange.  I've bought stuff from them before (and never had a problem) and sometimes their shipping/handling charges are decent and other times they're pretty rediculous.  I agree with you Blue, if tmundal offers, give him a shot for some business since he mentioned it. I've just been a little reluctant in the past to take advantage of a fellow forum member's occupation if they don't offer first. 

·
Registered
63 Posts
If anyone on here is interested in parts drop me an email at tmundal(at)willametteauto(dot)com. You can use the parts request at willametteauto(dot)com, but it takes a day or two to get through to me. I can at least match the other sites on sale price, and probably beat them on shipping. That said, if you want a 70lb set of running boards, and are on the east coast, the shipping is going to be expensive. :)

We just started working on an improved website, but the parts catalog is still a month or two away.

If you don't have a part number, just supply the last eight of your vin, and the part you are looking for.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
GeoHawk said:
...I've just been a little reluctant in the past to take advantage of a fellow forum member's occupation if they don't offer first.
That's never stopped us with you. :rofl:

Thanks again for all of your member assistance!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I wasn't going to respond, but Geo has supplied me a lot of info about my Acadia; thanks again :cheers: and much appreciated

·
Registered
96 Posts
I purchased mine off ebay for 189.00 shipped! They are "EFX" brand polished stainless steel, mounts all lined up perfect and very solid, directions were spot on with photos of where all the mounts were on the Acadia and everything lined up great... I am extremely satisfied and for half the price....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I cannot decide if I want the real side steps or the aftermarket ones. Is there a big difference in the way they look? What is the cheapest someone has paid for the real side steps for the Acadia?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been contemplating which steps to get since I bought this Acadia in Nov. I like the OEM ones but they stick out a little more than I was looking for. Do you have pics of the EFX steps installed? I'd like to find steps like they have OEM for the X5's. http://mydrive.roadfly.com/photos/pic.php?u=147836UsTaO&i=6611

·
Registered
540 Posts
B-Man said:
I cannot decide if I want the real side steps or the aftermarket ones. Is there a big difference in the way they look? What is the cheapest someone has paid for the real side steps for the Acadia?
I paid $425 from my dealer. My wife and kids love them. It makes it real easy for them to get in and out. I just step right over them. I think they give the Acadia a whole new look. Also factory steps real easy to install. I also have the factory molded mudflaps that I believe are a must with these steps. If there not installed you might have a lot of road dirt thrown on the steps.

Bobby

·
Registered
158 Posts
DeForger said:
I also have the factory molded mudflaps that I believe are a must with these steps. If there not installed you might have a lot of road dirt thrown on the steps.
We haven't had that problem, but we're almost exclusively driving on paved roads.

·
Registered
37 Posts
DeForger said:
I paid $325 from my dealer. My wife and kids love them. It makes it real easy for them to get in and out. I just step right over them. I think they give the Acadia a whole new look. Also factory steps real easy to install. I also have the factory molded mudflaps that I believe are a must with these steps. If there not installed you might have a lot of road dirt thrown on the steps.

Bobby
I wish I could get them that cheap. One dealer wants $550 for the parts only and another wants $470. Why is one way more then the other?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought my assist steps from Dealerfit.com for $482 (excluding shipping). They were fairly easy to install (once I overcame a learnng curve). It took me about an hour for the first one and a half hour for the second one. I installed them in my garage without having to jack the vehicle up. They look great.

·
Registered
540 Posts
B-Man said:
I wish I could get them that cheap. One dealer wants $550 for the parts only and another wants $470. Why is one way more then the other?
I purchased mine thru my local dealer with a mechanics discount. See if you can find someone in the business to get the discount. You may not have to pay the tax and you will avoid shipping too this way. I purchased mine right after a price increase but since I had a previous quote and the steps were in stock(meaning the dealer paid the cheaper price) they sold them to me for the original price quoted. I wasn't so lucky with the mudflaps they went from $37 a pair to $ 41. That wasn't to bad.
$550 is the listed price. So the $470 is a discounted. Some places have the take it or leave approach whether it parts,cars,electronics,etc. If they treat me that way I walk right out. Some GM dealer are really into the accessories and are very willing to deal

I pulled my bill out for the steps and checked it out. I posted the wrong price paid ! I paid $425. Sorry about that. The dealer said he was making $20. I believe him! So figure it costs the dealer $405. See if he will go a little lower. Ask him his actual cost. If you are going to put them on thats great(they are easy to install!),but if your going to have someone put them on use the cost of installation as a reason to possibly lower the price of the steps.

Online auctions are good if the bidding doesn't go crazy but you are always taking a chance on what you receive. Once again shipping would probably high for these steps. Good luck

Bobby

1 - 20 of 27 Posts