GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was closing my rear passenger door and heard a rubbing noise.

Tried it a few more times and determined that the bottom of the inside door panel was rubbling against the door frame.

Didn't keep the door from closing properly, but this is about the only issue I have so far.

More annoyance than anything - I will check with the dealer to see if anything can be done about it.

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Do not have my Acadia yet but I can tell you my Pontiac passenger door has been that way from day 1. I never did anything about it. After 10 years it has not gotten better or worse. The door and frame do not seem any worse for wear

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had all the door panels off mine for a speaker install. Based on the way the panel is held on, there is very little possibility that the plastic trim is "sagging" along the bottom edge, so I would think that if you have a problem it is with the alignment of the whole door and not just the plastic. Is the gap between the upper and lower panels consistent? The top half and bottom half are thermo fused together with a rivet like device. If they are not properly aligned I guess you could have a lower panel that is a bit too low on one side.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took it into the dealer today. They adjusted the door panel and fixed the problem.

Service was excellent and no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts