GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...The inner headlight of my GMC acadia 2009 what is it for? And is not working. My headlights are using xenon (with ballast). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Do you mean the High Beam headlight? That is what the "inner" one may be if I understand your meaning.

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
The inner light on an HID-equipped '07-12 Acadia is used as the daytime running light (DRL). If your Acadia's don't work, look for a blown/missing fuse in the IPBEC (in-dash fuse box). It's possible the previous owner removed the fuse out of dislike for the DRLs, or some other problem with them

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
True. . . but is from another country and headlights often are specific to national regulations.

For instance, European and Mid East export full sized GM SUVs had different headlights in them back in the early 2000s. It was true of other parts for export vehicles as well.

Also could have been modified. Who knows?

At any rate . . . needs clarification of what is meant by "inner headlight".

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
Vehicles are produced for a 'global' market now. A lot of things that used to be don't apply anymore.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
True. . . but is from another country and headlights often are specific to national regulations.

For instance, European and Mid East export full sized GM SUVs had different headlights in them back in the early 2000s. It was true of other parts for export vehicles as well.

Also could have been modified. Who knows?

At any rate . . . needs clarification of what is meant by "inner headlight".
Hi Jay...Thanks for you input...Inner headlight is locatedthat on the left side or center...My low/high beam is the one on the edge (right side). Thanks.
1618375569756.png

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The inner light on an HID-equipped '07-12 Acadia is used as the daytime running light (DRL). If your Acadia's don't work, look for a blown/missing fuse in the IPBEC (in-dash fuse box). It's possible the previous owner removed the fuse out of dislike for the DRLs, or some other problem with them
Spelos yes I will try to check the fuse and I will update you. You are right I am the 2nd owner😊 Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts