GMC Acadia Forum banner

Initiated a deal!

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bonk1313 
#1 ·
I've just initiated a verbal deal over the phone.
Waiting to hear back from the sales manager.
If things sound favorable I may be going in Friday or Monday
to pull the trigger!

Oh yeah, I forgot.

2009 SLE FWD w/trailering.

#2 ·
It is about time! :cheers:
You will love it. We just got our 2008 SLE FWD. Love it!!! Unfortunately we got a 2008 clear out on a great deal and did not have the trailering package. Definitely worth the money to order it with your 2009. Good luck.

#4 ·
Ironically I've never owned a AWD vehicle until I bought
my honda element, and it was the first time I was stuck in the snow
so bad I had to be pushed out. :help:
All the while aveo's, civic's, and all
kinds of little cars were cruising by. :eek:hno:

BTW thanks for all the answers on my AWD or FWD post a few days ago.
Thought all of the advise would make the choice easier, but instead, it just confused
my decision more.

Anyway, I decided the AWD just wasn't worth the extra $ 2000.00

#5 ·
The FWD should work fine- as I understand the AWD, it is a maximum 65/35 split front to rear. Extra cost, less fuel economy, and more stuff to break in our case.

Funny related story- when I lived "up north", I worked @ a junkyard while in school. I bought a rusty '64 Corvair convertible for $50, a used motor for $10 and a pair of snow tires for $5. Put it all together and was driving home one night & saw a bunch of cars at the bottom of a fairly steep hill. I asked what happened, and they said no one can make it up the hill. I figured not much ventured ($65), so I'd give it a try. I put the dash-mounted selector in "L" (2 speed powerglide transaxle) and made it right up the hill. I was tempted to stop & tell all the folks with the late model cars how great my junkyard ride was, but it was too cold outside. :)

#9 ·
Copperhead13 - Exciting news!!! Let us know when you have the joy of the Acadia!!

#10 ·
Copperhead13 said:
I've just initiated a verbal deal over the phone.
Waiting to hear back from the sales manager.
If things sound favorable I may be going in Friday or Monday
to pull the trigger!

Oh yeah, I forgot.

2009 SLE FWD w/trailering.
With the Employee pricing going on, have you thought about upgrading to an SLT1 or SLT2 since the price will be better and closer to the Non employee priced SLE?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.