GMC Acadia Forum banner

Infotainment Screen missing Icons

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  miketamidean 
#1 ·
I have a 2019 Denali and apparently, it downloaded two updates. I now get a message Dismiss or Open 56 Installation Complete and Dismiss or Open 39 Installation Complete. I have tried responding to both and they go away and then reappear. Since getting these messages I am missing several icons including the camera and CarPlay icons. I tried resetting the settings and now my memory seat adjustment will not work.

I have an appointment at the dealership but it is still a week away. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
You're doing about all that can or should be done. The dealer should be able to determine if the update affected all this.
Hopefully it can be reset or resolved in some other way.

Just the times and technology that we live in.

Let us know, please what transpires ? (y)

Reactions: almeyer1167
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
You're doing about all that can or should be done. The dealer should be able to determine if the update affected all this. Hopefully it can be reset or resolved in some other way. Just the times and technology that we live in. Let us know, please what transpires ? (y)
Thank you for the response and support. I will let you know

#4 ·
Well I have taken it to two dealers with no luck. I was able to restore the missing icons but still randomly get the message Dismiss Open 56 Installation successful. They have escalated to GM, but no one seems to be able to figure it out. We thought it may be caused by Panadora, but the app was deleted and reinstalled with no change. I guess I will just stop worrying about. In the process of trying to resolve this I started getting the infamous "Shift to Park" message which the dealer wants $775 to fix the micro switch. (yes, they have to remove the whole console and want to replace the entire shifter to replace the switch)

Attachments

#5 ·
I would call GM Customer service and open a case for the Shift To Park issue which is a known problem.
There is a TSB issued on it so a little kind but assertive conversation may produce some help.

This may help - -

Contact Us Via Email gmprioritycare@gm.com
Contact Us Via Phone 1-866-636-2273
Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.