GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
infant seats

Can you put two infant seats in the third row of seats? Sales people are not aquainted with the vehicle enough to know!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Re: infant seats

granny said:
Can you put two infant seats in the third row of seats? Sales people are not aquainted with the vehicle enough to know!
Yes, I have done it in the third row. The seats are back in our Suburban now so I cannot take pictures, but it can be done. We had two in the 3rd row and one in a 2nd row Capt Chair, allowing the other Capt chair to be used to slide forward for better access to the 3rd row.

·
Registered
339 Posts

I agree with johnway. I haven't actually had two seats in the 3rd row at the same time, but I've had one seat on each side at different times and there was definitely still some room in the middle.

·
Registered
164 Posts

The arms lift up in the Captain's Chairs.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I have had car seats in each of the 2nd row captains chairs and two more car seats behind each captains chair in the third row - all at the same time (pure madness and loudest 1 hour drive I have ever taken....). There was enough room for me to get in between the two captains chairs to get the two little ones in the 3rd row buckled in and out. Probably could have fit a third kid in the third row, or another small person. But, why would I want to torture myself that way...

Anyway, take it from experience. Many car seats can fit in many locations within this vehicle.....separately or all at one time. Now, if only they had offered on option of a sound proof barrier between the front seats and the passenger section....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

where do you anchor the seats in the third row? All i can find is the tether hook on the middle of the back seat. Usually there is a bar below the seat to anchor to.

I have a new Acadia on order and it will be here in mid february. When i asked the salesman about hooking up child seats they had no clue how to hook them up in the third row.

·
Registered
8 Posts

In the middle seat of the back row, there is the latch hooks and the hook on the back of the seat. There aren't latches and hooks for the side seats of the third row. I have just used the seatbelts to secure the car seats. My last car didn't have latch system at all so I am pretty used to having to use the seatbelts to secure the car seats.

Good luck with your new Acadia. I have loved mine and it is so much easier now, traveling around with the kids. It really is a great kid-mobile without being a min-van! I haven't a single complaint about my Acadia.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Yes, where I live not using the tether just isn't a legal option. If your vehicle isn't equipped with one, you must have one separately installed.

I wonder if that's the case for granny?

·
Registered
8 Posts

Aclavelook -

Wow, I did not know that. Is that the case for all of Canada? We are planning a camping road trip through BC and Alberta this summer with my husbands truck (which is not latch equipped) and am now wondering if we need to address this issue......

·
Registered
30 Posts

That is the case for all of Canada. I would not worry though, as I don't believe it would apply to you, as a visitor.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Page 61 (or thereabouts)of the Manual for the Acadia states that there is only one anchor for the third row. It appears upon inspection that this is the case. The manual also says if there is no anchor and it is required in your country or state or province that it is not legal to place an infant seat in those positions where there is no tether.
So there you go...and I completely wish there was the soundproof panel myself...but mine are long out of car seats and well into teens :-\

·
Registered
30 Posts

Page 65
Do not secure a child restraint in the right front passenger position or the third row outboard seating positions, if a national or local law requires that the top tether be attached, or if the instructions that come with the child restraint say that the top tether must be attached. There is no place to attach the top tether in these positions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks to all who have replied . We bought this vehicle thinking it would be perfect for hauling our two grandkids around. We have since found out that #3 is on the way. Maybe we should look at a small bus.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts