GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does TPMS factor in any of the stabilitrak stuff?

I don't bother doing the "relearn" if there is an issue with a tire being low, it only takes about 2 min to check the tires with a tire gauge.

If it does factor in, then maybe I need to reconcider.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
andyw715 said:
Does TPMS factor in any of the stabilitrak stuff?

I don't bother doing the "relearn" if there is an issue with a tire being low, it only takes about 2 min to check the tires with a tire gauge.

If it does factor in, then maybe I need to reconcider.
stabilitrak uses the ABS sensors, steering rack position sensors, and likely an inertia sensor in the center of the vehicle somewhere.

The TPMS sensors are only used for the tire pressure monitoring. I only do a relearn because I run two sets of rims and without running the relearn I have a warning / error message to service TPMS system every time I start the Acadia. It only takes me a few minutes and since I'm inflating / deflating to my desired pressure anyway, it only adds one step to the process.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
2018 Denali. front TPMs giving wrong readings. Tires were replaced by Dodge dealer I bought the car from on 10-2020. No problems until 1 month ago.
So the problem started with the tire replacement a month ago? Have you manually checked with a tire pressure gage? The dealer should be able to reset them regardless. Or buy a reset tool, cheap...

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the problem started with the tire replacement a month ago? Have you manually checked with a tire pressure gage? The dealer should be able to reset them regardless. Or buy a reset tool, cheap...
It just dawned on me - we took the car in for a service in Oct. they did rotate the tires. I better check the back tires and get a relearn tool. AMAZON? Thanks buddy. Man I rely on you guys so much. I am a rocket scientist but cars are brain surgery to me!!

·
Super Moderator
22,826 Posts
It just dawned on me - we took the car in for a service in Oct. they did rotate the tires. I better check the back tires and get a relearn tool. AMAZON? Thanks buddy. Man I rely on you guys so much. I am a rocket scientist but cars are brain surgery to me!!
Be sure to follow the TPMS matching (relearn) procedure correctly. Instuctions are in your owners manual starting @ p. 327.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Yep, just got mine after putting my winters on a newly acquired set of wheels.
Second Amazon purchase ever. Check my posts, I linked it recently...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts