GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any predictions on what incentives will be available for the last 3 months of this year? Do you think employee pricing will be done this month? Do you think they will have a rebate to get to the same net price? When do you think we will see lower interest rates? What about 0% financing? Discuss

·
Registered
912 Posts
The dealer I ordered my 09 from figured they would start the 0% after Sept as is generally the case up here to start to drive winter car sales I hope so as then I would save myself an additional 3500 on my 09.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That's a tough call. GM took a big hit financially earlier this year, the SUVs/trucks are not selling very well, so do you:
1) Raise the price to make more per unit and risk selling fewer units, or
2) Lower the price to make less per unit, but sell more units?

As was posted here recently, the Lambdas are selling fairly well- a great month in August, but this does not say if most were 2008 or 2009 models. This data would support minimal incentives on 2009 models. I was pleased to get the GMS call a couple of days ago in light of the sales numbers.

We've seen 2009 model year price increases over the 2008s. I would not rule out another one mid year as was done with the 2008 models.

My best estimate is GM will continue with better deals on the 2008 models to clear inventory, and then maintain some type of offers on the 2009s, perhaps starting with $500 Conquest cash and then moving up to the $1,500~1,750 we saw on the 2008 models before the employee pricing kicked in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only big savings I can see on a 2009 is when they offer 0% and negotiated invoice pricing together. I just don't want to purchase one and have it be $2500 less the following month. I might just pull the trigger in September and not worry about future deals and enjoy the new ride. Decisions........decisions.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I don't think the gap would be that significant ($2,500) ever for an off the street buyer. The worst/best case scenario would be if they added the $1,500 incentives to employee pricing (which is below invoice). In the meantime, you could have been using & enjoying the new vehicle. We have a member here, Theresa, that said it pretty well about not playing the what ifs game- she bought a 2008 right before the 2009 GMS pricing. She's happy with it, as are bseemore & the others that got a 2009 right away & won't get the savings. In the big picture, it is only around $1K~$1,500 in savings, over a 3~5 year period this is not that much when averaged.

and think, you could proudly refer to yourself as a former H***a owner!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I don't think the gap would be that significant ($2,500) ever for an off the street buyer. The worst/best case scenario would be if they added the $1,500 incentives to employee pricing (which is below invoice). In the meantime, you could have been using & enjoying the new vehicle. We have a member here, Theresa, that said it pretty well about not playing the what ifs game- she bought a 2008 right before the 2009 GMS pricing. She's happy with it, as are bseemore & the others that got a 2009 right away & won't get the savings. In the big picture, it is only around $1K~$1,500 in savings, over a 3~5 year period this is not that much when averaged.

and think, you could proudly refer to yourself as a former H***a owner!
According to Autobook up here the 09 Traverse has an almost 14% markup from what I have seen listed the Acadia isn't nearly that high so they will have the ability to offer more incentives on teh Traverse if that number holds true.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2009 FWD SLT2 White Diamond including the listed options and my local 6.75% sales tax

DVD/Navigation
Sunroof
Rear DVD
HID
Technology Package
Cooled Seats
2-way Remote
White Diamond Paint
Trailering Package
19 inch Wheels
Wheel Credit
Hit the Road Package
Destination

MSRP: $51,304
Invoice: $46,932
Employee: $45,646

Employee price with 5 year loan at 4.99% Total Cost: $51,671

MSRP price with 5 year loan at 0% Total Cost: $51,304

Invoice price with 5 year loan at 0% Total Cost: $46,932

I think anyway you slice I would save between $367 and $4739 in my situation if they start up 0% financing again. This all depends on how close to invoice I negotiate to.

I wish I had $45,646 just laying around to purchase it now at Employee pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Yeah, 0% plus employee would be a sweet deal- I don't recall seeing both on one offer, seems like it is always one or the other. At least on some of the financing deals they have thrown in some cash also.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never said 0% with Employee. I said 0% with Invoice. This has always been possible will many GM vehicles in the past when they have had 0% financing. I guess the question is if they have 0% in January for example, would a dealer sell an Acadia at invoice. I guess time will tell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts