GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the board and just ordered a 2009 SLT-2 Silver Green Acadia on Monday 3/2/09, the last day of the President's Day Sale. I was told by my salespserson that they could not lock in any incentive rebate (such as the 0% financing or $2,250 cash back offered at the time) until a VIN was generated for the actual car that I was ordering. As such, I am stuck with waiting it out to see what rebate is offered at that time. I was told that the offers should be at least the same or get better as the year goes on, but there didn't seem to be any guarantees...

Is this story similar to what other folks who have ordered an Acadia from the factory have been told? Thanks in advance for any experiences that can be shared on this!

Also, thanks to all of the dedicated posters on this board. The info here helped me immensely in deciding to pull the trigger on selling my 4Runner and ordering the Acadia!

Del Peterson
Eagle, Idaho

·
Registered
533 Posts
Del,

Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on placing an order. You did get the straight scoop from your dealer. Incentives & rebates change from time to time, often around the 1st of each month. Once your vehicle is built to the point where a VIN is assigned, you can have your dealer "lock-in" the terms of your sale. I also agree that with an economy as sorry as our has become of late, you will probably do just as well when your VIN is assigned as now. Had these been "normal" times, the sale items would likely have gone away a while. I think you'll do fine!

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Smooth. That makes me feel better!

I am a UCSB alum - I have left the beach for the moutains in ID, but have fond memories of my time in Santa Barbara...

Del

1 - 3 of 3 Posts