GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Acadia in this AM for it's scheduled 18000 mile oil change / tire rotation. For the first time I actually had a couple things for them to "fix".

I had read about these two issues on the forum but just recently experienced them. Now the break pedal squeaks and the seat tracks feel like there have rocks in them where the bearings are when I move the seat.

Thanks to this forum I was able to give them the TSB numbers and titles for both those problems and the service advisor pulled both up and said they would do the work.

Thank you Acadiaforum for providing the info to make my experience with the service dept a smooth one. :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
GAR said:
I took the Acadia in this AM for it's scheduled 18000 mile oil change / tire rotation. For the first time I actually had a couple things for them to "fix".

I had read about these two issues on the forum but just recently experienced them. Now the break pedal squeaks and the seat tracks feel like there have rocks in them where the bearings are when I move the seat.

Thanks to this forum I was able to give them the TSB numbers and titles for both those problems and the service advisor pulled both up and said they would do the work.

Thank you Acadiaforum for providing the info to make my experience with the service dept a smooth one. :)
Glad you had a good experience! This place truly is a wealth of useful information.

When I had brought my Acadia in last year armed with info from the forum and TSB numbers, I was called "one of *those* internet forum people". *hmph*

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Queen Web said:
Glad you had a good experience! This place truly is a wealth of useful information.

When I had brought my Acadia in last year armed with info from the forum and TSB numbers, I was called "one of *those* internet forum people". *hmph*
Now that you're not only royalty but also a celebrity, I bet the red carpet is rolled out for you when you visit and the paparazzi are a problem. :D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Our service tech is finally catching on that when I say something about TSB's I am on track with the right info; he just puts the number in his computer and viola

Case in point; when I took the Acadia in for the glare and talked to him about the bezel kit; he had this ??? look on his face and then after it was all said and done; he asked me about where I got the info and I handed him an Acadia Forum card; he knew nothing about replacing the bezel to get rid of the glare.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They did not have the parts to fix the seat today and said they would have them Fedex overnight delivered and could fix it tomorrow AM. They gave me the option of taking my car back or getting a rental. So I asked if I could get a pickup truck and now I am driving a 4 door Silverado that is really nice. I love getting a free chance to drive something different. :)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
GAR said:
They did not have the parts to fix the seat today and said they would have them Fedex overnight delivered and could fix it tomorrow AM. They gave me the option of taking my car back or getting a rental. So I asked if I could get a pickup truck and now I am driving a 4 door Silverado that is really nice. I love getting a free chance to drive something different. :)
Did you get a rental from the dealership or did you have to go to a rental place? I had a rental from Enterprise (an 08 Dark Crimson Trailblazer :-\) ; I asked about taking a used vehicle from their lot and got the :confused: look so I let it go

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer has Enterprise right in with the service advisers so it technically comes from Enterprise, but to me, it comes from the dealer as they do all the work and it is seamless to me.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
GAR said:
...now I am driving a 4 door Silverado that is really nice...
Seeing as how you have a few hours, if you had the gang from Overhaulin there you could swap out the 5.3L Gen 4 V8 from that Silverado with the 3.6L Acadia motor and be a hero to a few around here! You'd also help out GM with those pesky CAFE standards for the Silverado. :p

Glad the dealer is taking care of you w/ expedited parts delivery and the rental. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts