GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a quick value on the 2008 Acadia? (Don't worry - I'm not selling, just refinancing to my local CU.) Neither KBB nor Edmunds shows the 2008 Acadia. I'm having problems getting the refi because they can't come up with a value.

They both show the 2007 Acadia, as well as the 2008 Enclave (but not the 2008 Saturn Outlook or Chevy Traverse).

So where can I get a 2008 Acadia BB?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Re: 2008 Acadia not on KBB or Edmunds Yet?

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been looking regularly at kbb and Edmunds for about a month and still have not seen the 2008 Acadia listed. I thought it was on NADA at http://www.nadaguides.com but it seems like they also don't have the pricing.

Let us know if you find a way. If you need a price badly, take it to Car Max and tell them to give you a free quote.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I have been trying since August to find a trade in value for my 08 Acadia with no luck.I asked my GMC dealership 3 times to find out for me and they would never call me back so I finally took it to two different dealerships.one trade was for $22,000, and one was for $25,000. I paid $44,000 nine months ago and only have 7,000 miles on it! I got the same story from both guys. They said as long as GM was doing the employee pricing with incentives even on 09's then I was going to take a beating.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

I used AutoTrader.com and input a 2008 Acadia for sale by private party, any distance, with prices. Here is what I got:
It found 8 vehicles for sale.

Range of prices within this search:

Highest Price: $39,500
Lowest Price: $17,500
Average Price: $27,661

Since the $39K and $17K prices are either an error or suspicious*, I dropped them and averaged the remaining six. I ended up with this:
$27,382.33

*The $17K ad text reads:
For more details please contact me directly at : [email protected] because I forgot my autotrader password and the registered email is not working !

OK, if you forgot your password, how did you edit the ad?

Sounds like a scam, but there is an apparently valid phone # with it, so it may be a distressed seller.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

Check Ebaymotors.com too, that's a way to actually see what people are bidding on the vehicles. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
423 Posts

i always check against ebay for everything. i doesnt matter what paper says its worth, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. if you sell it for more, great.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Schram - I agree. That's why I like to start with a quick trip to Car Max when considering selling. At least I know what the bottom end price is for sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks Guys. At least I know I'm not the only one who couldn't find it. I'll update if I can find out more.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

I just was on edmunds and the 2008 used pricing is now there for the Acadia.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

Wow, I am surprisingly happy with this.
I put in my vehicle information and mileage 16,000.

I have owned the Acadia for 13months.

MSRP was $38,075 Paid $35,461 Paid $35,461 Paid $35,461
Edmunds Outstanding Private Party $33,049 Trade in $29,733 Dealer Retail $35,807

Edmunds Clean was less then $1000 difference.

I know these are not necessarily dead on figures for what your going to get, but am I wrong to think that this really isn't that bad a drop in value for the first year, well I guess if you pay MSRP then it may not be great. Like I said at the top of this, I am Happy.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree. I got mine using $3500 in GM Card discounts plus other promotions. At 14,000 and over 1 year old, the private party value is about $500 more than I paid. I'm pleased.

One thing to note. I watched the 2007 used pricing and the biggest drop in value happened after the actual year was over. So in the spring of 2009 when the 2008s are essentially no longer available on the lots, then the price will take a bigger dive. But I'm still happy with it.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
GAR said:
One thing to note. I watched the 2007 used pricing and the biggest drop in value happened after the actual year was over. So in the spring of 2009 when the 2008s are essentially no longer available on the lots, then the price will take a bigger dive. But I'm still happy with it.
Good point, I also heard that vehicle lose a lot of resale value after rental car companies switch out. Once they get rid of the 08's for the 09 Acadias, it floods the used car market, and the resale takes a hit from that.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
This is just sad...

Trade-in: $17,606
Private Party: $19,106
Dealer Retail: $20,294

It's because of the high mileage on my Acadia though, so it's to be expected. It's okay though, I don't plan on getting rid of it any day soon anyway. :)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Web Raven said:
This is just sad...

Trade-in: $17,606
Is that roughly $6000 a year depriciation?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Part of what makes it drop is the deep discounts on the new ones. It's good for the new buyers, but bad for the resale.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
GAR said:
Part of what makes it drop is the deep discounts on the new ones. It's good for the new buyers, but bad for the resale.
Good to hear it's not entirely my fault. I thought it had mainly to do with the 38,000+ miles I have on it.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Speaking of www.Edmunds.com, how many of you have NOT written a review on your Acadia on their website. It sure needs some more positive reviews as most boards are about complaints from owners. We seem to give little praise in our lives.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts