GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
i have shipped my car abroad and obviously doesnt have on -star coverage.
I have a gsm modem that i want to use to immobilize the car in case it is stolen. I have tested it on my 4runner in it works great.
my question is ' which circuit in the acadia will be the best place to install my relay to disable the ignition?

2009 slt2

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Wow; just when I thought every question had been asked

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Have you visited The 12 Volt ? They have a bunch of alarm/stereo gurus that may have encountered this already. Otherwise, you could attempt to duplicate the wiring used on the Toyota. I would start by seeing how the timer on the remote start shuts down the motor. I found an "ASD" (Automatic Shut Down) relay on my '91 Dodge when I wired in the remote start alarm, perhaps the GM uses something similar. The drawback is that the 2009 service manual w/ wiring diagram may not be available yet.

I'm w/ jsimms, certainly a neat idea though to access the vehicle via modem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx very much guys. I checked the 12volts.com, got some info on 2008 but nothing on 09. will try using that, but please confirm , is there any differences in the starting circuits for 08 & 09?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
PROCESS said:
thanx very much guys. I checked the 12volts.com, got some info on 2008 but nothing on 09. will try using that, but please confirm , is there any differences in the starting circuits for 08 & 09?
If you get this system to work; definitely let us know; I'm sure other members would be interested in it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will surely update you guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts