GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean really who didn't realize when you have your phone charger plugged in the cup doesn't fit right! Poor design. :(

2008 carbon metallic SLT

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Re: I'm very disappointed with the accessory outlet & the location of the cupholder

Jokelly said:
I mean really who didn't realize when you have your phone charger plugged in the cup doesn't fit right! Poor design. :(

2008 carbon metallic SLT
Use the outlet in the center console instead. I use it and just run the cord up to where the phone sits in the coin tray thing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: I'm very disappointed with the accessory outlet & the location of the cupholder

I was fortunate to already have purchased this charger when I was on business travel (forgot mine at home).

It has a swivel top...works great in my Acadia and doesn't interfere with the forward cup holder.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7153439&type=product&id=1110264773220

The ampege isn't as high as the stock model for my phone, but it does the job.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

Jokelly said:

2008 carbon metallic SLT
I don't mean to be a jackass but obviously you didn't when you test drove or looked at the car.

I think others offered up some good solutions.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: I'm very disappointed with the accessory outlet & the location of the cuphol

I use my regular home charger and plug it into the 120volt game outlet in the back of the center console.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: I'm very disappointed with the accessory outlet & the location of the cuphol

Jokelly said:

2008 carbon metallic SLT
Yeah, it's the fault of the $40K SUV, not the $30 charger. ::)

·
Registered
542 Posts

Geeze! Theres so many **** power options on this car I cannot even think how to use them all. My wifes Mazda main and only power is located below the center console. You have to plug it in and then somehow run the cord up to the phone. As there is no opening for the cord to run, the center console will not close as the cord is running through the gap between the top and body of the console. Woo Hoo! Japanese genious engineering!

·
Registered
730 Posts

WTF!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts

I guess you will just have to use one of the other 11 cup holders! lol :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are mean and hateful. Did you ever think the other charger in the

center console is being used by my kids and their games?

I just find it hard that a 40K car has something as simple as that getting in the way!

AND NO I DIDN'T TEST DRIVE IT...IT WAS A GIFT FROM MY DH - HE DID

I could get mean and hateful here about why HE didn't notice it but I'm above that.

Sorry I posted it. Thanks to all who were helpful and nice.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Re: You guys are mean and hateful. Did you ever think the other charger in the

Jokelly said:
center console is being used by my kids and their games?
There's one on the back of the center console for the rear seat passengers (games, DVD player, etc.), but there's also one inside the console, below the coin holder tray. I didn't even notice it was there until we had the car a couple of months. I just thought you might have overlooked this one as I did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thank you so much. I hadn't noticed this one either!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts