GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to say hi tell you a lil story lol i was soo close to purchasing a 07 tahoe until my father in law told me to check out the acadia, this was the second week in jan. Had my wife drive she like it more that the tahoe, had good steering response had good pickup. Decided that weekend to get one had the saleslady order one carbon metallic, slt-1 ebony leather interior, sunroof, bench at first changed to buckets, 19in wheels (was told chrome wasnt available yet). i am driving my self mad because im ready to see in person now. I have seen the blue with the ebony leather interior real nice.the anticipation is killing me. i was told the wait is because gm took a 2wk break from production.
Ima spend the damn down payment if they dont hurry up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Remember, patience is a virtue! You will be rewarded when you finally get your car!

After 9 days with my new Acadia, I can say that it is a great car and you will love it!

Slainte!

P.S. I have no patience either!!!! LOL ;D ::)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know what you are feeling. Back on 1/27 we bought an Acadia that the dealer had ordered but had not reached the dealership yet. It was supposed to arrive in a couple of days. They even gave us a brand new, loaded, Buick Terraza (minivan) to drive until it arrived. Now its 2/9 and they are pretty sure our Acadia will arrive at the dealership late Saturday and they will prep it first thing Monday a.m.... we hope! I'll be waiting for the call - we've been on pins and needles for two weeks!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes, Patience is a good thing! This March my '87 S-10 Blazer will be 20 yrs old. Ordered it from the factory. I've been watching the various GM SUV's over the years, and was excited when I heard about the [then] to be revealed TrailBlazer and Envoy. I also waited 5+ years for GM to re-design the folding rear seat back so that they'd be flat. I use my S-10's cargo area ALL the time, and just couldn't accept the poor design. So, when I first saw the Acadia in Dec., I became Really excited. I'm glad I've waited, and will probable order an SLT-2. I'd almost decided to opt for a Yukon, but it's cargo space didn't really get me going either.

Our local dealer only has white - which looks (and drives) great. But I'd like to see the White Diamond Tri-Coat. Has anybody seen one? Is it like a white "pearl" on a Lexus?

Cheers to this new forum!

Smooth <><

·
Registered
794 Posts
The white diamond is the only one that costs extra. Because of that, I don't think you will see many in Dealer's lots. The word (from the old forum) is they look pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Red Jewel costs extra as well/ trust me, I know

: )

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Is there another GM SUV that has that same white pearlcoat? Perhaps one of those would be on a lot where you could see the color on a similar sized vehicle...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hot Diggity Damn. I went crazy.

There is one less Carbon/ Brick loaded Acadia on the lots of America tonight 8)

We went looking at colors today and I knew where a Carbon/ Brick was located. We were not ready to buy yet,... but we Left the filthy Expedition with them.

Just got through washing it & will post photos tommorrow.

Got lots of reading to do.

Carbon, Brick, 19's, Trailer pak, Skyscape, Bose, XM, Rear Entertainment, Cargo controls, Nav, HUD, HID, XYZ,,,,and a front licence bracket @ N/C.. The HUD is neat. Shows XM song info when it changes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
admin said:
Is there another GM SUV that has that same white pearlcoat? Perhaps one of those would be on a lot where you could see the color on a similar sized vehicle...
I saw it on a Buick LaCrosse, and it is very cool. I am not sure I would want it on an SUV, but it is very sharp.

There are a number of Red Jewels around here, so I am unsure of why they would not have the Blue Gold or the White Tricoat just because they cost more?

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Sweet, Racefla! Congrats! That thing sounds unbelievable. Can't wait to see pics.The one we test drove had the HUD. I agree, it's pretty awesome. I kind of wish they had it on ours. We drove by the Leesburg GMC dealership on the way home and they have a deep blue/titanium on the lot now. And our next door neighbor is having a party or something tonight (like 15 cars on the street) and one of them is a brand new liquid silver Outlook. Looks slick. It's the first silver one I've seen in person

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am really excited about the HUD. I have it in my Corvette and I love it...

Any decent shots of the HUD?

Adam

·
Registered
518 Posts
Adam Boca said:
I am really excited about the HUD. I have it in my Corvette and I love it...
I agree. My 04 Vette had it. When I bought the vehicle I thought "so what?". Once I had it, I loved it. It is more useful than it appears.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Re: I'm going crazy

Racefla said:
Hot Diggity Damn. I went crazy.

There is one less Carbon/ Brick loaded Acadia on the lots of America tonight 8)

We went looking at colors today and I knew where there was a Carbon/ Brick located. We were not ready to buy yet, but we Left the filthy Expedition with them.

Just got through washing it & will post photos tomorrow.

Got lots of reading to do.

Carbon, Brick, 19's, Trailer pak, Skyscape, Bose, XM, Rear Entertainment, Cargo controls, Nav, HUD, HID, XYZ,,,,and a front license bracket @ N/C.. The HUD is neat. Shows XM song info when it changes.
I meant to post this a couple of weeks ago.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my ACADIA :clap: :wine: :friday: :hyper: :banana: :woot: :dancing: :clap2: :cheers: :-*

One year old on 2/10/08, and 15,000 happy miles later:
We have been through a lot together,
Had the airbag/battery drain recall done
Have had the trans flashed 2 times. (1st & 2nd flash)
Had the leaks fixed twice.
Had the nav/radio replaced trying to fix the 3rd row speakers (no sound)
Have had 2 oil changes.
2 dead batteries (my fault for using the rear cargo radio controls to long while :beer: tailgateing ) BTW battery is still fine.
Replaced 1 rear tire when momma ran over a set of pliers and it jammed in between the tread & cords. I pulled the pliers out but the red rubber grip stayed inside. Didn't go flat though. ( the road hazard insurance paid off after all)
We spilled beer on each other :cheers: .
we had a tire sensor replaced.
We still don't have rusty pipes, but your seat still rocks.
You have taught me how to drive your 6 speed trans and are happy to rev up 6600 rpms if needed, and have never been beaten out of the hole at a red light.
You don't complain when I fart in your presence.

We had wonder-full drives together & I'm looking for many more Happy Birthdays together.
I hope you stay around way longer than your payment book.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
:rofl:
:cheers:
:thumb:
:clap:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey Racefla, Dang, now I feel really bad! My Acadia is almost exactly one month older then yours, and I didn't do the birthday thing. I think it's at least partially because its been so good to me that I've lost track of the time. Outside of the early recalls, no problems at all. 12500 beautiful miles. The exhausts are slightly louder (which I love). Its been a great relationship so far. Thanks for the reminder. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
You will love every precious minute driving and showing it off! Weekends come around and we go shopping together.....etc..., and long trips is about the only time I'm allowed to show it off.
Just turned 13,000 miles and best family vehicle we have ever owned. :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts