GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2009 Acadia, 1970 miles on the clock after less than 30 days, great ride, great vehicle. Am on assignment away from home, ignition switch locks up, called Roadside, will tow it on Monday (2 days later). Towed to shop, was told it was a bad ignition switch, and on the dreaded "National Backorder" list. translation:somewhere between 3 days and 6 weeks.
2 things: first, have not read of anything like this happening to 09 vehicles. Anybody out there experience it? Second, tow truck fellow loaded my ride from the front, destroying lower air dam and altering front cover. He did this, he said, because he did not know how to use the quick-release mechanism to get the thing into neutral. Made claim with GMC Roadside for damages, just not sure at this point what to expect.
Am pretty sure GM Engineer-types didn't design it to be drug with the front wheels locked, am hoping no flat spots on tires, and for the best with GMC Roadside claims.
Any help or shared experience with this/type of situation would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=975.0

This member had the lock cylinder replaced; as far as the driver not knowing how to manually drop the trans for towing; well that seems to be a training issue and I would definitely make a claim since there was body damage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts