GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your still having water leaks and the tubes on either side of the sunroof have been "fixed", there is one more place to look. The tube that runs down the passenger side front pillar runs up behind the dash. IT CAN COME APART!! :angryfire:

Took mine in on Wednesday to have the oil changed and after it came out (and being washed) we found that the floorboard under the driver and passengers feet were flooded. Took it back in and at first they thought it was the A/C condensation line blocked. It just so happened that one of the Saturn engineers was in the shop and had the guy look at this one tube , and sure enough, it had come apart in the last week (since it last rained and they washed the car).

We were heading out on Friday morning for a trip. The dealer worked on it Wednesday and Thursday and had it back to me by 6:00pm Thursday, cleaned, dried, and fixed. We were in some rain on this trip and no leaking.

The engineer commented to the shop manager that they have had a couple others come apart at this spot. Shame on GM for warning about this one with the recall.

But yeah to my dealer for taking care of it right then and getting me my Outlook back for our trip! They have always bent over back-wards to take care of us and the team at Saturn of Amarillo is great!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Re: If your still having water leaks ......

That's good to know. It sure is nice to have a good dealer to work with. :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts

Round Two....

north east US had heavy rains on monday night / tuesday.....wednesday i noticed water leaking in the center of headliner out of dvd player (installed by dealer third party vendor during pruchase).....will take in on friday

had leak along from passenger side vanity mirror during the spring....took in.....service said it was the sunroof rail tubes had come lose (no ahedsive when manufactured)......service applied adhesive and reconnected tubes....

i'm pretty concerned about secondary damage at this point.....also it seems i can only see the water when there is a heavy rain....got me thinking that water is getting in at all the times and is causing continual damage but I just can't SEE it unless the rain is heavy.....

don't have a good feeling how this is gonna end.....approx 14,000 miles to warranty ends......i wonder if this can be considered a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION and keep GM on the hook of fixing until they get it right regardless of my warranty status

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

optionstrail said:
Round Two....

north east US had heavy rains on monday night / tuesday.....wednesday i noticed water leaking in the center of headliner out of dvd player (installed by dealer third party vendor during pruchase).....will take in on friday

had leak along from passenger side vanity mirror during the spring....took in.....service said it was the sunroof rail tubes had come lose (no ahedsive when manufactured)......service applied adhesive and reconnected tubes....

i'm pretty concerned about secondary damage at this point.....also it seems i can only see the water when there is a heavy rain....got me thinking that water is getting in at all the times and is causing continual damage but I just can't SEE it unless the rain is heavy.....

don't have a good feeling how this is gonna end.....approx 14,000 miles to warranty ends......i wonder if this can be considered a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION and keep GM on the hook of fixing until they get it right regardless of my warranty status
Did you get the letter from GM about the Sunroof Drain?

·
Registered
48 Posts

bonk1313 said:
optionstrail said:
Round Two....

No....what did it say and when was it sent.....thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

optionstrail said:
Generally, if a specific problem was documented while the vehicle was still under warranty but wasn't completely fixed, it can be covered if it crops up again.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts

bonk1313 said:
optionstrail said:
bonk1313 said:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4311.0

Thanks.....read the thread posted above....have not got the letter, but it appears that our VIN does fall within the range of those listed....

Had the acadia at the dealer 4 weeks ago for oil change.....but they did not address the issues in the letter (wonder if it was becuase they though they fixed it when it was in for the leak in the spring).....will print out the letter and have a more serious discussion with service folks

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

optionstrail said:
will print out the letter and have a more serious discussion with service folks
GOOD IDEA :thumb:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

optionstrail said:
Round Two....

I am concerned for you. It has nothing to do with adhesive. The tubes were not long enough and they are supposed to put an extension on them, not glue, they would still be too short. Go to a different dealer or challenge the one that was supposed to do the work.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

khansen30 said:
optionstrail said:
Round Two....

I am concerned for you. It has nothing to do with adhesive. The tubes were not long enough and they are supposed to put an extension on them, not glue, they would still be too short. Go to a different dealer or challenge the one that was supposed to do the work.
Hopefully with the letter or copy of the information in hand, and the proper instructions for fixing it, his dealer will be able to do it the correct way this time.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

bonk1313 said:
khansen30 said:
optionstrail said:
Round Two....

Hopefully with the letter or copy of the information in hand, and the proper instructions for fixing it, his dealer will be able to do it the correct way this time.
I go back to a statement I and others have made; do the dealers think we are stupid and don't talk about the problems with our vehicles that they would pull this kind of crap?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

khansen30 said:
bonk1313 said:
khansen30 said:
optionstrail said:
Round Two....

I am concerned for you.  It has nothing to do with adhesive.  The tubes were not long enough and they are supposed to put an extension on them, not glue, they would still be too short.  Go to a different dealer or challenge the one that was supposed to do the work.
I go back to a statement I and others have made;  do the dealers think we are stupid and don't talk about the problems with our vehicles that they would pull this kind of crap?
I would venture to say , YES. they hope that people will not research this type of stuff. And most people probably don't. Example, look at the amount of forum members we have, and how many of them actually own Acadias, Enclave, Outlooks or Traverses. What about all the ones sold compared to forum numbers, Most people do not get into their vehicles as we do.  They take the dealer for everything they say as gospel.
But sometimes the service people don't know about the TSB's and stuff, but a recall they should be aware of. I think it is sad also, but that is why WE take it upon ourselves to research stuff.

·
Registered
48 Posts

optionstrail said:
bonk1313 said:
optionstrail said:
bonk1313 said:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4311.0

Thanks.....read the thread posted above....have not got the letter, but it appears that our VIN does fall within the range of those listed....

Had the acadia at the dealer 4 weeks ago for oil change.....but they did not address the issues in the letter (wonder if it was becuase they though they fixed it when it was in for the leak in the spring).....will print out the letter and have a more serious discussion with service folks
took the acadia to the dealer this morning (couldn't get there on fri) and had a serious discusion:

my question: i asked about the tsb #08207 being dated Aug 27 and why when i had my acadia in for an oil change on Sep 30 the tsb wasn't addressed......well, i got multiple answers:

first answer: you didn't say anything about a leak, you were just here for an oil change.......my response: but i had a leak in june, its a tsb and your service folks told me every time i drop the acadia off for an oil change that they check all the applicable tsbs

second answer: we can't check against all tsbs when someone brings in vehicle it would take too long.......my response: this is a major issue...water in the cabin and i had a leak back in june, are you kidding me....

third answer: you can't believe everything you see on the internet (when i show the tsb #080207 that i printed off the forum), we may have not gotten the aug 27 tsb by sep 30 (when you came in for an oil change) and there is a new recall dated oct 8........my response: what is the number associated recall dated oct 8......service reponse: hmmmm.....it the same number as your aug 27 tsb....

this is one of the largest dealers, if not the largest, on the east coast.......there are always very nice.....i'm am dissappointed and concerened.....i have excellent documentation......let's just hope is doesn't come to having to use it in a litigious manner

thanks to everyone....... i felt very confident when i went in today and based on the knowledge acquired from this forum and i am convinced that the delear/service center is, unfortunately, not my friend

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

Glad we could help, so are they addressing the leak properly now?

·
Registered
48 Posts

bonk1313 said:
Glad we could help, so are they addressing the leak properly now?

their words.....addressing according to the recall notice they received on oct 8 which has a service number of #08207

before i pick it up, and they said it may not be done today, i will ask for a detailed explaination as to the work done.....i will also ask for a detail explanation of the work done back in june as well

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just so you understand, my question/statement I made is a retorical one. I fully understand what they are doing and saying.

their words.....addressing according to the recall notice they received on oct 8 which has a service number of #08207
Some would say to go to that persons supervisor. I would skip that step and go straight to the general manager of the dealership and at the same time calling GM's customer service and letting them know the lines being fed to you. The dealers are reimbursed for all warranty work - with that in mind they should be bending over backwards to take care of GM's name.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
khansen30 said:
The dealers are reimbursed for all warranty work - with that in mind they should be bending over backwards to take care of GM's name.
Exactly, I don't understand why some dealerships are so hesitant to make repairs under warranty.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
khansen30 said:
Just so you understand, my question/statement I made is a retorical one. I fully understand what they are doing and saying.

Some would say to go to that persons supervisor. I would skip that step and go straight to the general manager of the dealership and at the same time calling GM's customer service and letting them know the lines being fed to you. The dealers are reimbursed for all warranty work - with that in mind they should be bending over backwards to take care of GM's name.
:ditto: :deadhorse:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been of course reading about the sunroof leaks since day one, but I haven't had the problem with my '08 that I bought in July (build date in June), Once, in August, there was a little moisture on the drivers' side floor, but I thought it might have been from my shoes (I hoped). BUT a 3-inch deluge in Dallas this week told the tale... fortunately I have the Husky mats with a good lip all around the edge, but the morning after the rain the mat on the driver's side was FULL to the brim. None on the passenger side.

In to the dealer it goes... hoping they will fix it in one pass, not multiple attempts like some of you have experienced.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts