GMC Acadia Forum banner

Idling issue and more

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bob Alderman 
#1 ·
well, in a previous post i mentioned that I was having an eratic idling issue when my 08 acadia was cold. after 4 trips to the dealer they cannot find the problem.

Well yesterday i decided to bring it in to the dealer again since they wanted me to keep them updated on the issue, but what i also noticed is oil in between the throttle body housing and the air filter.

How the heck did that get there?

I noticed it after removing the air filter and cover to clean it.

Not sure if this is related to the idling issue.

Man this car is spending more time at the dealer then me driving it.

#2 ·
Ok. So here is the deal, they still cannot figure out what the problem is with the idling. and when I asked about the oil in the throttle body housing, the shop forman said that it was normal. Now i am not sure about this.

Does anyone have ever heard of this or know if this is normal or not?

Thanks

#3 ·
I'm not that familiar with how the throttle body setup is on the Acadia, but my '04 GTO had a vacuum line from the PCV system attach at the intake throttle body.  It was not unusual to see a small amount of oil collect at the base of the throttle plate in this case.  I ended up installing a PCV catch can to collect this oil and prevent it from going back in through the intake and into the cylinders.

The catch can is the little black cannister with AMW on it.  It was pretty surprising how much oil it would catch, so it may not be unusual to see some oil collect at the intake throttle body of the Acadia, but I would have to take a look at it tonight when the wife gets home to see if the PCV system is similar.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.