GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to identify if a vehicle was placed as a customer order versus an order for dealer stock? On the window sticker, there is a line of "Sales Code E". Does this mean anything? Drove by the dealership we ordered from and it looks like our Acadia is sitting up front for sale. This wouldn't even be so bad, but they put flags on metal poles and it now has a nice scratch on the bumper. Just trying to figure out where all they messed up for when they get back in on Tuesday.

·
Registered
275 Posts
jened said:
Is there any way to identify if a vehicle was placed as a customer order versus an order for dealer stock? On the window sticker, there is a line of "Sales Code E". Does this mean anything? Drove by the dealership we ordered from and it looks like our Acadia is sitting up front for sale. This wouldn't even be so bad, but they put flags on metal poles and it now has a nice scratch on the bumper. Just trying to figure out where all they messed up for when they get back in on Tuesday.
Write down the VIN.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
In addition to what Toaster said, click on the link in my signature and towards the bottom of that thread there are links to the GM Supplier and Employee websites. Either will allow you to construct your model (FWD/AWD, colors, options) and see if it is in fact at the dealer (figuring you did not order a template vehicle that they would normally order and you will be able to tell by options/colors it is your vehicle). Your sales person can also check the GM computer system and give you a status code that will tell you where your vehicle is at insofar as production or shipment. Some apparently don't like to do this, so be persistent if need be.

In all actuality, they should have notified you it was coming in if the one you are referencing is your new vehicle, since the computer system lets them know what is completed and on the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that it is the one we ordered since both the order # and VIN # match up. My question is can I tell whether they ordered it as a customer order versus a dealer stock order based upon information on the sticker. They weren't real anxious to share information, but I did get order #, tentative build week and VIN # from them. Since they obviously aren't real organized since they were trying to sell it, the more information that I have allows me to better detect how truthful they are on Tuesday when they try to explain what happened.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
jened,

If you want, I can pull up the build information for the vehicle and tell if it was ordered as a customer "sold" order or just a regular dealer "stock" order. There isn't anything on the window sticker to indicate this though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts