GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I determine the build date of my new Acadia? I realize its within the VIN, but what is the logic?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
rlpmac said:
How do I determine the build date of my new Acadia? I realize its within the VIN, but what is the logic?
The build date is not really coded in the VIN, but it does indicate the model, year, and construction sequence, etc. of the vehicle. If you look on your driver door jamb it will indicate the month and year the vehicle was built. However, using the VIN# you can pull up the actual day it was built if you have access to the GMVIS (GM Vehicle Inquiry System). I could pull it up if you want, I'd just need the last 8 digits of the VIN.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be cool, here ya go see what you find. 8J239405. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
rlpmac said:
that would be cool, here ya go see what you find. 8J239405. :cheers:
PM Sent ;D

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Mikeb33 said:
GeoHawk, could you please look this one up too?
1GKEV23728J258963

Thankyouverymuch!
PM Sent.. 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks! You show the build date of 03/17/08 and I am supposed to take delivery tomorrow. I like the idea of getting a 'fresh" one.

Thanks again,

MIKE

·
Registered
156 Posts
GeoHawk,
Thanks for doing this.

Looks like mine got built on 3/11/08, now i just hope that got those water leaks figured out before that date.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
:cheers: guys. I like your avatar Mike. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
GeoHawk, could you check out the build date of my denali (BJ234210). I just purchased it, but the dealer had been driving it for a while, so I'm wondering if it was one of the earliest produced, and wondering if that should be something to be concerned about. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Did you check the drivers door sil???? It should be on the sticker!

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
well see if Geohawk can get it.
There was another site I used to get VIN info, build dates, service etc...
But GM actually contacted the 2 guys (in totally diff location- one in the US the other in Canada) that were providing info and told them to stop- due to some copyright stuff...

Since they also work at dealerships-- im sure their jobs were on the line too...
Maybe Geo can do one here and there....

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Insti08 said:
Did you check the drivers door sil???? It should be on the sticker!
The door sticker will give you month and year, but not the actual day of the month

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I think it was Sep 10, but that's purely a guess ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts